SAU Community

Midnight Criuse

trick

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I guess we're all keyboard warriors as such, Im finding its just too easy to start typing away and get too involved in the subject (if its close to your heart as such, ie being challenged and told you're a dreamer and full of it).

Sorry all if Ive offended anyone, I guess thats how it is though. Had to defend myself. Anyways, how about we arrange another cruise and all be hapy-happy-joy-joy friends!

You havent said anything offensive. dont stress i certainly havent taken offence. And yes We are all keyboard warriorsto a certaijn extent. hehehehe.

Everyone knows bikes are extremely quick and at the same time extremely dangerous.

But give me my line anyday

Sweet! For once I wasnt stressing over what I said (well, not much any ways) - ususally I do and have sleepless nights when I open my big mouth, but slept alright last night (as far as you can after 7knee surgeries anyhow).

Stagea has been tuned today on the dyno, 150kw at the 4 wheels up 7%, so ready to say g'day again to ppl's on the next cruise. Next cruise though we all need to know where the next stop-off point is tho, so slow coaches in cars like me can make my way there without being left behind!

Cheers to you all, brendan

Anyone experienced at greenhill road runs? Keen on rac.... i mean cruiseing...either up or down it? Only thing i am lacking is some coilovers. I generally take this road most days.. some of the bumps can be a bitch while cornering and braking. PM me

Bumps on cambered corners, blind corners you cant see thru, trucks going 5mph when you're approaching at the previous corner at max speed, with a clifftop to the side.... one mistake and its all over red rover.

Sounds great! When?!!

lol to that!

damn, wish I took the Fireblade out instead, and spanked all your arses!

Dude sounds like you get too much air to your brain, i have been first on the scene to a pretty horrific bike accident and i've lost two mates to the bloody things, i hate them they are death machines, dirt bikes on the other hand ROCK! you can keep your bikes and your bike escapades to yourself, as far as im concerned this is a skyline forum keep it on skylines please. ALL road Bike riders are TEMPORARY AUSTRALIANS. ROAD bikes are for ppl that can't afford real performance machines. my two cents.

ahahahah funny that he has a wife a kid another on the way a bike and now a stagea, those comments really are only worth 2 cents!!!!  :(

Thats nice i feel for him, I don't know the guy, im happy you do BUT the average PERFORMANCE bike sells for about 25-30k and the average PERFORMANCE car sells for about 80-100K, so there you go thats what im gettin at.

Fact is AX5..... , that a bike for the cash far outperforms a car worth 4-5 times that cash value. Simple as that. So no whilst I cant afford a second hand GT2 or GT3 (hey, can YOU?) I can afford an 8grand bike, which Ive since put another 9grand into.

Also, in defence of myself yet again (and Ive simply been defending myself due to ppl taking my throw away line far to seriously), after 7 knee surgeries Id be VERY foolish to even contemplate hoping on a dirt bike again.

Dirt bikes require knees to be used as suspension joints, I cant do that. I have no knees. I simply ride road bikes because I cant play SANFL (2nds) footy anymore. Its a passion & something you can better yourself with each ride - you'd understand if you rode, but you wont understand if you dont.

Im not a temp aussie, I love life and am living it to the fullest, depsite my disability. Have no need to be silly on a bike and crash, I use my grey matter. Simple. Plus my skills are reasonable to say the least.

Deluxe, cheers for the nice backup. We're mates we are! FYI Ive also paid off 170k of my 270k home, so Im sitting pretty. House Stagea Fireblade Wife Kidsx2. I think Im doing pretty well............ my 2 cents.

Fact is AX5..... , that a bike for the cash far outperforms a car worth 4-5 times that cash value. Simple as that. So no whilst I cant afford a second hand GT2 or GT3 (hey, can YOU?) I can afford an 8grand bike, which Ive since put another 9grand into.

Also, in defence of myself yet again (and Ive simply been defending myself due to ppl taking my throw away line far to seriously), after 7 knee surgeries Id be VERY foolish to even contemplate hoping on a dirt bike again.

Dirt bikes require knees to be used as suspension joints, I cant do that. I have no knees. I simply ride road bikes because I cant play SANFL (2nds) footy anymore. Its a passion & something you can better yourself with each ride - you'd understand if you rode, but you wont understand if you dont.

Im not a temp aussie, I love life and am living it to the fullest, depsite my disability. Have no need to be silly on a bike and crash, I use my grey matter. Simple. Plus my skills are reasonable to say the least.

Deluxe, cheers for the nice backup. We're mates we are! FYI Ive also paid off 170k of my 270k home, so Im sitting pretty. House Stagea Fireblade Wife Kidsx2. I think Im doing pretty well............ my 2 cents.

I'd love to tell that to my two mates that are dead BUT well I can't can i, Oh BTW you don't have to defend urself dude, just keep the chat to skylines go to the firblade forum for those comments.

Dude sounds like you get too  much air to your brain, i have been first on the scene to a pretty horrific bike accident and i've lost two mates to the bloody things, i hate them they are death machines, dirt bikes on the other hand ROCK! you can keep your bikes and your bike escapades to yourself, as far as im concerned this is a skyline forum keep it on skylines please. ALL road Bike riders are TEMPORARY AUSTRALIANS. ROAD bikes are for ppl that can't afford real performance machines. my two cents.

You gota be pretty careful on a dirt bike too! One of my mates when i was ten was decapetated on one..... Hence when i was a kid and living on vineyards i was never allowed to get one (Untill I just went out and bought an 84 Kawasaki KLR 600 6 months ago). Locked up the front brakes on gravel/dirt a few times but lucky not that bad. The thing maxes out at 140Km but pulls reasonably hard for an old bike.

Its unfortunate that a lot of bike riders are made tempearary australians by lousy dirvers out there that are not FULLY aware of what is going on around them!

Anyway back to the skyloin stuff.

If i had the money i would have sickest bike(s) that i can get custom built and the sickest cars that can be built (most probably insanely light kit cars with no expense spared in the build!) --> WHo knows maybe one day if i can be bothered working hard enough!

What was this thread about again? we have all gone a little off topic!!!! But its all interoasting enough!!! ---- my 2 cents worth

On 5th Gear last night (fri 25/11) on foxtel at 11pm, Tom Ford thrashed a 120k+pound Lamborgini Guilo(?) new 05 supercar around the track, fastest car around their track ever at 49.85seconds (faster than all ferraris, bmw M3s & porches etc). He tests cars on that track every week, so is Highly Experienced.

A UK bike journo then went around the same track only minutes after on a 9kpound Ducati 999 stock motorbike, ran 49.41secs, faster by .44secs, and the car costs over 12times more than the bike.

Am I still ok to say the fireblade would spank a skyline anyday of the week? Just been for a 190km ride in under xxmins, there's no way a car could keep up. Impossible. I must have overtaken 10000cars in my time thru the hills on bikes, and been overtaken 1 in that time by the crazy Porsche GT2 driver earlier mentioned, when the bike was totally stock (ie wasnt set up to suit my weight/height).

This is a SA thread of the forum, a forum that talks about turbos, non-turbos, art, games, Jap news, stereos, parts for sale, general comments etc. Sorry Ax5.., got every right to have a chinwag about bikes. No rules here to say otherwise. Trick, anytime bro, Im not one to back out when I know Im right, and yes, adrenaline is still coursing thru my veins after the ride!

:) :) hehehehe Funny stuff, looking forward to the next catch up so you guys can beat up on me again!

Brendan,

As I think I said in my first post "You'd want to be a bloody good rider, to be making statements like that. "

Sounds like (from what you have said) you are a good rider.

I think the reason you have been coping a bit of flack from everyone is that you seem to be posting lots of statements about how good you are, how much money you have spent and how much money you have. Therefore making yourself a bit of a target. You probably didn't mean to come across that way but it's hard in words to get your point across.

Anyway, I think any comparisons between bikes beating cars on tracks have no bearing on a hills run. Dedicated race tracks and the Adelaide hills have nothing in common. There has been lots of discussion about what's quicker bike or car. I think the actually point that was raised was in the hills with lots of tight corners (not open high speed stuff) that bike riders would not necessarily be "spanking" anyone unless they were a bloody good rider. No one is debating that a bike would kick a cars arse in high speed or quarter mile times.

At the end of the day you can have thousands of dollars spent on cars/bikes and still get your arse handed to you by a lower powered car/bike with a better driver/rider. End of story.

At the end of the day, most people think they are the best driver/rider in the world. It just takes a dose of reality (someone faster) to come along and put us back in our boxes. Me included.

Cheers and hope to see you on the next cruise whether on two wheels or four.

Stu

i second that stu you have to be a very good rider to keep up to or beat a fairly powerful car that has a suspension set up suited to the hills roads.

bikes are fast, but so are modified skylines!!!!!!!!

Too true Stu, too true........

Look, Im not the best rider out there, but I havent crashed yet and can handle myself aok out there in the hills. As mentioned I ride occasionaly with an ex-500GP racer from the Barry Sheene days, so you learn a lot from that sort of experience. Ive got a decent brain, and I learn fast (maybe I should learn to shut up on this forum though!)

Ive only spent around 9k on the bike, which doesnt make me rich in my eyes. I wish I did have cash, fact is I dont go out due to the dicky knees hurting me too much too often. That non-going out cash has gone onto the bike/car. Im sure fellas with nice GTT's GTR's or GTsT's put more into their cars than I have into the bike.

I just got lucky with my first house, bought at 90k 7yrs ago in Woodcroft (borrowed 90k), sold last year for 210k and had paid off around 50k to the loan - pure luck thats all, Ive worked my butt off full-time for the past decade and put all my cash into my first set of bricks & mortar.

I got a lot of flack from the first comment - the fireblade spanking comment. Fair enough, Im over it now. At the time I thought everyone was a bit bonkers pretty much. I still insist a quick bike thru the hills will get to A-B and back to A way before a quick car would. Think of these factors in favour of a bike; 1second overtaking, pure/insane acceleration, higher top speed, quicker to get to top speed etc etc. Drawbacks are brakes and traction/grip.

Cheers guys, we've all got our own opinions, and thats a good thing on such a diverse forum as ours (thats right, Im here to stay! I love my rb25det Stagea!). See you all on the next cruise. Oh, and if you see my Fireblade roving up behind you (or alongside), please dont run me off the road! Thanks, & cheers to you all!

:P:)

Brendan