SAU Community

After Market Cooling Fan

Sarumatix

Don't worry too much about keeping your coolant below 100 degrees. Even if you use plain water it will go a fair bit higher than this because the system is under pressure and hence the boiling point is higher. On my motorcycle, the thermo fans don't kick in until it's well over 100 degrees, probably at around 105-108. I've been sitting in traffic in the middle of summer and it will get up to around 110 before it drops, but it always drops by this point and never overheats. My previous bike used to get up to around 115-118 on the hottest days. I think this is stupidly high because it heats up your legs via the exhaust and gets uncomfortable, but apparently it's fairly normal on sports bikes.

By all this I'm not saying to aim for a thermo cutoff of 120+ degrees, but you have a lot more headroom than you think if you find yourself overheating in traffic.

why dont u guys get a thicker radiator and a thermostat that opens up at 65degrees ...with one fan and these simple mods as well as an oil cooler u should be able to keep temps down alot.....why bother with a twin fan this and that, when it is a bandaid solution because the fans wont last that long ...

That sounds far too hot to me, wouldn't some of the parts fail much faster at such high temperatures being constantly put through it? I'd be happy aiming for what the stock specifications are to be honest.