SAU Community

Hi guys,

You may have seen my post on boostcruising.com, but im planning on importing a 96 R33 gtst mspec 2 in about 3 months from now and i just wanted to know if there is anything i need to worry about or if u guys have any good advice for me...i have done alot of research, but some input would be great :(

Has anyone got any advice or do's and dont's ???

Only advice I will give is that if it's your first time importing, don't do it completely on your own. Go through a company like J-Spec or Prestige Motorsport as they can talk you through the entire process, and generally make it a less stressful experience. You'll probably end up saving time and money in the process too. From what I've heard, Prestige have access to more cars (about 60,000 per week vs about 40,000 per week I think the stats were but could be mistaken), but the SAU crowd have generally been more satisfied with J-Specs service than Prestige's service. However, I went through Prestige and found their service to be outstanding! (So J-Specs must be incredible! :()

I wish you good luck for whatever path you take.

Edited by Big Rizza

compliance will cost you $3k max id say....try squeeze a couple of hundred out of whoever you go with....and thats $3k + tyres, and probably more if the car is modified and they have to take it back to stock ....

what funky said, its coming RORO...and its Type M ;)

i will give you a hint get your car put in a container it costs about 400 bucks more but make sure you tell them you dont want it opened till you get their i did it with mine and nothing went missing its a piece of mind if its got gadgets on it also with roll on and off i no they flog your car and nick what they want so spend the extra....

• 4 weeks later...

hey guys,

i was just wondering what they do with the mods after they take them off??

do u get 2 keep them or do they customs pplz or watever?

and i was also wondering if u were allowed to get there car brought back to ur house so u could take the mods off 2 keep them b4 it goes thru compliance n that??

yep, you can get it delivered to your door and leave it there forever if thats what u wanted to do....just needs compliance to be registered...

you get to take off all ur mods (unless the wharfies helped themselves to some free parts :D) or you can get the compliance workshop to do it for you, and they'll probably charge u a small fee for the labour of taking them off/putting back on, and for using their stock parts...