SAU Community

Toyota Aristo

Big Rizza

Aristos are very nice cars. I drove one for a week when we were in japan 2 years ago.

Even standard they are VERY fast however they are far from nimble thru corners. they are also the most stolen car in japan. and a lot of mafia types drive them.

you will also find a lot of them have been converted to manual. also they are nearly all ugly green...

Still I will be getting one when they come are available to be complied here.

new ones look heaps better...

Will compliance ever become available for them?

The newer shape Toyota Aristo will likely be deemed too similar to the local Lexus GS300, which were sold here new, so compliance is highly unlikely IMO. :(

How much are they worth in japan?

Whilst you cannot get the Jspec models here, the Australian spec GS300 is available from about $25k for a second hand non-turbo 1997 model, which I think is a good price considering these cars cost nearly $100,000 brand new. Australia never saw the twin turbo unfortunately :(

Hey all,

I was cruising throught the Prestige Motorsport stock and came up with thisToyota Aristo.  They run a twin turbo six, but not the wimpy 1JZ like the chaser - they get the full 2JZGTE treatment!  *Insert Fast n Furious quotes about engine here*

Compliance is still about 8 months away apparently, but I think 4-Door Skyline and Stagea owners better look out - family man in a hurry has a new weapon!

The crazy part is that one on Prestige is for sale for LESS THAN $11,000!!!!

Maybe I should upgrade my R32 4-door for one.  I was considering the UZZ31 Toyota Soarer and R34 Nissan Skyline Sedan as an upgrade, but I think the Aristo has joined the list!

What do people reckon?

Cool cars, Auto only though

and sif the 1JZ is wimpy ? :lol:

Cool cars, Auto only though

and sif the 1JZ is wimpy ?  :lol:

haha yeah that was a bit of a joke :lol: . 1JZ is awesome, better than a Nissan equivalent RB25DET I reckon! But 2JZ beats it in every way :(. The 2JZGTE is a better engine than the RB26DETT stock for stock i reckon. Modified they are about equal. I'm sure many will disagree but that's just my opinion!

And I don't think a lack of manual is too much of a problem in this case. It is a luxury car through and through, and makes no attempts to be a sports car! If you want manual, go and buy a Supra!

chris, that's the newer aristo, the one everyone likes... the one in the first post is the old one... mechanically/technologially cool, but a bit lacking cosmetically.

Is it possible to import the newer ones? Or have they been sold locally?

Is it possible to import the newer ones? Or have they been sold locally?

Whilst you cannot get the Jspec models here, the Australian spec GS300 is available from about $25k for a second hand non-turbo 1997 model, which I think is a good price considering these cars cost nearly $100,000 brand new.  Australia never saw the twin turbo unfortunately :(

:(

The new ones COULD possibly be imported.

If its a situation like S15's where they were sold in JP before AU, then maybe that could occur.

On the other hand, the market wouldnt be too big for them so not many people would really think about getting into that niche.

The old ones are OK, i dont mind them, but mate, wont be scared if i see one round the corner, my wags'll take er

The new ones COULD possibly be imported.

If its a situation like S15's where they were sold in JP before AU, then maybe that could occur.

On the other hand, the market wouldnt be too big for them so not many people would really think about getting into that niche.

The old ones are OK, i dont mind them, but mate, wont be scared if i see one round the corner, my wags'll take er

The AU Lexus GS300 and JP Toyota Aristo were both released in 1997, so only the old models can be imported. :(

Edited by Big Rizza