SAU Community

What 90s/80s Stuff Do You Remember?

paulr33

Hi All,

Just for some fun I thought I'd list some of the old school 80s and 90s stuff from way back. It can be anything and bonus for including pictures too. I'll start first:

mega warheads

circus's

reebok pumps

air jordans

vans shoes

stussy pants

cross colour pants

tape walkmans

ninetendo gameboys

home delieverd milk

1 cent lollies

hopscotch

going to bed when the street lights were on

kyaki kyaki 123

dubbing movies with two vhs recorders

beta video

watching AO movies when your parents were asleep

doogie howser

its a knockout

double dare

perfect match

bakelite keyrings found in chip packets

$2 notes

vision street wear

kablooeys

not dialing 9 in melbourne for a phone call

envelopes without the yellow squares

peter andre

hey hey its saturday

early bird show

marty monster

hey dad

kingswood country

yoyo's

rollerblades

skateboards

hypercolour clothes

cb radios

the garbage gang

the simpsons arcade game

the footy cards with the powder chewy nobody liked

slang "it's cashed"

warheads-watermelon.gif

ts%20vision.JPG

wool_2_dollar_note_front_big.jpg

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

how bout:

happy pants

hyper colour clothing

atari

sega master system II

american baseball hats with your name monogrammed on the back

rambo

34cm tv in the lounge room

kero heaters

pin strips on every car lol

2ws fm (mum made me listen to it in the cAR :)) HAHA

kids actually playing with their new christmas presents in the street....u never see that anymore, it astounds me...

being slimed on you can't do that on television (go abc)

pop balls

the book series by graeme base (anamalia)

the books series by michael salmon (the monster who ate australia)

apple IIe

transylvania in primary school on the apple IIe

loaning books from your local library

loading encarta 95 over the network in high school on 30 puters at once and watching the server have a fit as it just had the cdrom drive shared

spoke-e-dokies

footy card taped to the fork on your bmx

sweathog clothing

mcdonalds in stryofoam packaging (burger boxes)

$4.95 large big mac value meal

petrol under 80c per litre

melbourne's sky show (albert park lake festival)

kiss chasey

press your luck (tv show, no whammy no whammy. whammy)

playing army in the street with the local kids

The-Monster-who-ate-.jpg

pyl-closewham2.jpg

I have a website that sells all the old school trainers like Reebok pumps and hexalites etc as I am quite big into this.

I have a Sega Master System II and a megadrive with copius amounts of games at home that is set up just to relive those days!

I also recently acquired the A-Team Season 1 box set for my birthday.

Global hypercolour t-shirts from the 80's, he-man, spokey dokeys and my all time favourite - the cosworth :)

Transformers

Voltron (Lions and Vehicles)

I have the vehicle voltron movie in beta, and a working beta player :)

Oh no, Beta!

Robotech (Have all of season 1 on dvd)

Thunder Cats

M.A.S.K

Centurions

BraveStarr

Galaxy Rangers

ahh the 80s best decade ever!

things i remember are

Rainbow bright

Care bears

My little pony

She-ra and heman ( i had the she-ra castle and horse... i think its still up in the roof.. prob worth a fortune)

Voltron - I still have the full voltron figurine , he's missing his sword though.

Transformers

Marty Monster

The A team

Garbage gang stickers / collecting ninja turtle cards / basketball cards / swap cards

Slap bands

Those little monster finger puppet things made out of rubber.

Trolls

barbie

Aerobics oz style.

Homemade tracksuit jumpers

Aerosport shoes .. i still remember the ad with the guy on the skateboard.

pop balls

show bags (when they were good)

those sticky hand things..

LEGO!

Matchbox cars and micro machines. ones that would change colour under hot water.

My brothers grand prix race car track..

Ninja turtles!

Perm's / big hair / shoulder pads

MAGIVER!

Super ted

Rodger ramjet and his protein pills..

SOOTY AND SWEEP!

The GOODIES! and other channel 2 shows.

choose your own adventure books.

Those "far out brussle sprout" series of books

and can't forget all the music of the 80s which im still playing to this day.

not to mention some of the movies...

some are prob early 90's

the boy who could fly

neverending story

the lost boys

the breakfast club

Edited by FEMFTL

TV shows - Fast Forward, Allo Allo, Goodies!

Clothes - Those black Adidas pants with the orange and green stripes

Music - on cassettes!

Cars - X-DEF Falcons

Food/Drink - Bottles which didn't have moulded bottoms so they had those stick-on black bottoms with feet.

commodore 64

gumby

mully grubs

big boss cigars (lollies)

Popels (i dont know how u spell it or if thats the name but they were the teddy that u could turn inside out n make a ball with them eg: soccer ball)

Thats all i can think of at the moment

Food/Drink - Bottles which didn't have moulded bottoms so they had those stick-on black bottoms with feet.

bloody hell, you've got one good memory. I totally forgot about weird sh!t like that.

oh i forgot that mello yello drink

fads were called FAGS and had the red tip on the end.

for 50cents you'd get the equiviland of a $2 bag of mixed lollies today.

Choc wedges had more appeal, so did magnums. (dont ask why)

toy guns wern't "influential / and dangerous"

We could actually use our incinerator and burn off everything.

Water fights were a common everyday thing not a luxury.

Cap guns and potato guns

saturday disney was good.

Cartoons were decent (they have since turned to sh!t now the whole "japanese anime" thing is in and there are crappy rip offs of all the old cartoons.