SAU Community

Engine Stalling After Installing Bov Need Help Pls

Nismo Racer

Hi, my car is a S1 R33 GTS25t and the BOV in question is a Blizt DD. After intalling the BOV when breaking into a shape corners the engine will stave of air and stall on me. I have try this a number of times and it still stall on me BTW the car is AUTO. I think it's the hose overheating or the ECU is not use to the BOV yet. I have reset the ecu and will test some more on the weekend. did anyone have any problem like this before? maybe because i'm not running a pod.

Also can anyone please attach a pic of the engine bay with apexi pod installed with stock AFM.

Thanks in advance.

atmo bov you have. atmo bov no worky. it vents air, the engine expects that air is still be there so it adds fuel / timing to suit however the air is not present so it runs too rich and stalls. fix use stock bov

dude, you can't fix it.

Well, actually you can. Either plumb back your BOV or put the stock one on.

Why would you bother putting a loud fully sik OMG!!!!111oneoneone!!!11 BOV on a auto anyway.

Do you drive around, foot flat, and taking it off the throttle quickly to make your BOV vent on purpose when there are some fully sic chiks around?

Let me guess, you're a poser?

hhmmm

atmo bov you have. atmo bov no worky. it vents air, the engine expects that air is still be there so it adds fuel / timing to suit however the air is not present so it runs too rich and stalls. fix use stock bov

This is why your Fully sic BOV is making your car stall. You run an AFM before the BOV, it measures air that is gonig into the motor and the ECU puts fuel and timing in to suit.. Use a Vent to ATMO BOV and it takes away this air and leaves the fuel behind..

And what do you know.. that fuel doesn't have that air anymore to burn, so it stalls, pops, farts, and carries on.

If you want to run a fully sic ATMO bov, get a powerfc d-jetro and run a MAF at the throttle body.

That'll make the chicks look....

oh and if your wondering why your getting a lot of smart assed answers...Next time, try using the SEARCH function, this topic has been covered about 34568938930295345 times, by people that have no idea about the car they drive. They think you just turn the key and the wheels go magically. And they also seem to think that if you install a Vent to atmo BOV all the chicks will line up and want to ride with you.

lol can't believe I typed all of that.

Edited by The Mafia

why does everyone say use the stock? If he wants the sound, he is entitled to it.

It's all about the setting of the BOV. I got a Greddy Type-S and my car doesn't stall at all! It's all about adjustment, tighten the spring and it should stop stalling, but don't tighten too tight otherwise it'll flutter and the BOV isn't actually doing its job.

The only side effect of an atmo BOV is that it'll be rich when the BOV vents, and you may get a bit of backfire, especially after letting off on hard throttle.. but being an auto, you won't get rich conditions on gear changes.

having said that, yeah, he should get flamed for not searching.

Any Tech feed back? thx

you got it within the first 8 words of the first reply

atmo bov you have. atmo bov no worky.

simply put, you wanna use an ATMO BOV... you'll need to purchase a SAF-c/PowerFC and have the thing tuned so that it wont spit the dummy

This can be found by searching and reading, trust me :blink:

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• Latest Posts

• Its likely to be 70% road 30% track usage, track usage will increase if anything. Decided not to fit it as I cant be arsed changing the bushes on my LCAs again 🤣 I did get the below back from GKTech though so they should work together     The anti-squat kit and roll center adjusters work independently since they change the rear lower control arm's angle in different ways. The anti-squat kit adjusts the angle from front to back, which impacts anti-squat values. Roll center adjusters change the angle side to side, mainly to correct geometry on cars that are significantly lowered. They might affect each other a tiny bit, but overall, you can think of them as separate.
    • What are you doing with the car? street car or race car? People get hung up on the squat of the s/r chassis rears. There is positives to the squat if a car is setup and driven correctly for it (correct ride height, spring rate, alignment, damper valving). Generally just lengthen the rear traction arm by 5-10mm and that will help the squat and bump steer too. You are also correct with the roll centre too. This too also needs to be adjustable if you start messing with suspension geometry.   Having done quiet a bit of testing on race cars this year in regards to rear squat, I've seen some big positives from it in regards to drive off corners and traction. 
    • I find I am using the MX5 for everything except long overnight cruises with Jackie, or, if picking up the kids to go somewhere, the SS has so much more room inside, and is much more comfortable if your going to be doing Hwy driving for 6-8 hours And the MX5 isn't bad in stop go traffic for a manual transmission car, whilst the clutch kit has been upgraded from stock, it is still light, and also not having a stupidly light flywheel in it helps as well, I've spent alot of time sitting on the M5, M4 and M7 stuck in traffic when plodding around the Greater Sydney Region in it Another benefit is MX5's are not really a car that gets stolen, you can pretty much park it anywhere, and it will still be there when you return
    • I can totally get why you like it for that sort of commute. I was thinking BoganDore because it's such a lazy drive, for things like stop start traffic.   I used to do over an hour in stop start shit from one side of Bris to the next, twice a day. My choice of car was larger displacement, with an auto. Basically for torque in low rpm/very low speed, and no clutch pedal. But loved a fun manual for the weekends, which the partner has (plus had the LandCruiser too for other fun drives). I now have an EV as a work car, and I tell ya what, ultimate daily driver, especially if youre out of energy, like I often am after work. I don't even need to touch the brake pedal   That said, I'm presently rebuilding the Liberty GTB to get it setup for weekend drives and track abuse! So small high revving turbo engine with 6 speed cog swapper!   But for your style of commute, I'd probably take the MX5 too!   For those choices, I'm ignoring fuel economy. Because I know how atrocious V8 daily life is for fuel from when I used to daily a manual SS, ha ha. Hence why I know I love the daily rumble of a V8
    • II know what u are saying after 9 years of hibernating my stock engined  110,00km gtt I got it registered 2 weeks ago. Took it for a drive a couple of days ago and some fresh bp fuel, I just couldn’t stop grinning and dreaming of when I will start my build thread. its just such a primal man feeling many forget to enjoy I wish u so much enjoyment with your little racer mate