SAU Community

Old Skool Sau ---- Boosta Is Back!

BOOSTA

Thanks Mike and Dave I got my pre purchase inspection today and its all great too. Mike i have been itching to get myself into a hotplate mobile since the last monster, but im glad this one is alot safer and less modified. 240rwkw's for a R31 was just abit much for the ol gurl me thinks, Hope to see you all at the cruise and by all means please come take a look at the new toy and introduce urself!

PS mike how do u know bout sth star motors? But its true these guys are great and its been a absolute pleasure buying the car. Couldnt ask for better service if I tried, If only they'd let me take out the Purple R33 GTR vspec they have in there...... Its sexc!

Cheers Pete

Thanks Chaos, Yeh slipo actually bought my R31 GTS1 wreck after i had a big accident (not my fault just unlucky i aqua plained on the gateway motorway and it flicked the ass out to the left and into a ditch) it came with a Rb25det, Highflow t3/t4, motec m4, rx6 injectors, big fuel pump, GTR intercooler, malpassi fuel pressure regulator, etc

But geez it would of been nice to have seen what he did with his car and all the extras he had, would be one nice lil weapon. Hope he still vists the forums and sees this post

Cheers Pete

Nice. I bought my GTST off Barry 3 years ago. Still have it today. He's pretty friendly. I was looking at the 1993 R32 GTR Vspec he had up there (awesome!!!!). Only $28,000.

If you need any repairs or servicing done.....go across the street and down to the end shed on the left. We have all the equipment necessary and are cheaper than everybody else.

sweet elite, I'll deffinately keep it in mind whats ur workshops name?.... Yeah my toy is sitting in Barry's workshop as we speak! I pick it up on friday lunch time and yes his GTR vspecs he gets in are unreal!! His R34 GTR vspec was nice too tho :) .

Im hell excited that theres only 1 day left till i get it!!!

And also got full comp insurance for only $1300 with a 0% no claim bonus 1 ticket, and 1 acco. VIGIL rock!

If ya wanna see it, I'll be on the skyline cruise on Sunday too!!

Cheers Pete (aka BOOSTA)

have been having a look @ the stags that he has just dreaming for now but yeah very interesting to see how much value the wagons have droped in the last 6 mths :P

Congrats on the new purchase pete. Looks very clean and tidy. Good to see you back in the scene.

My car will be finished in 2-3 months, been off the road for over a year now. Did this setup really pull 240rwkw in your car? My car will probably be for sale when completed.

Yes I'm in Sydney.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• Latest Posts

• So I've been working on the car a fair bit, doing a lot of little things. Preparing some projects for this winter, as I'm taking 13 weeks off very soon for parental leave. Have my second kid on the way and he's due any week now. I'll need something to do while he's sleeping. I also usually take the car off the road in about a month and a half, until sometime around the end of March.  Still making slight adjustments to my tune, as the cold weather settles in. I've also had to start dropping boost and tire pressure as the weather gets cooler. It's getting very swirly at highway speeds. I drop to 20psi at 20C and 18psi spring pressure at 10C IAT's. I'm currently on 255 Falcon RT660's, but may look into running 275's next summer. They will fit, but barely. Might have to raise the rear a tad.  I'll start redoing my exhaust Monday, as I have the week off. I currently have an oval center muffler and cannon rear muffler. I've been told more then once from people behind me that my rear bumper is going to catch on fire one day. Seems I blow 5-10 second flames after doing a pull. No clue if that's the WMI, as I've never been able to do that before with other cars. I wanted to angle my tip down a tad so flames are pointed down and away from bumper. I also wanted to take the opportunity to reconfigure my exhaust line. I'm going to move my oval muffler to the rear with a pie cut angled tip and put in a new smaller round muffler in the center. I've rocked cannon mufflers on this car for the last few years and want to transition back the oval muffler look. I've also been looking for a stainless project to try out the new solar flux I bought. I'll post pictures on Monday, should be able to wrap that up in a day.  I'm also picking up another rear subframe this week. I wanted a second so that I could modify one with a gk tech anti squat reduction kit during the winter, and still be able to keep the car a roller so I can back it out of the garage if needed. I will also be caging it this winter. More on that later. Lastly, Speedtek still hasn't given me diddly squat. Every week for the last 4 weeks, they have been saying next week. They told me Friday to expect a shipping label that day to ship my two bad sets of ring and pinions back and nothing. There's definitely been more contact since I started destroying their company any chance I get on Facebook, but it's still just words without action.   
    • Have you done a pressure test on your intake/piping? Cleaned your IACV and Cold start valve?
    • Bit of a dump of ones I saw on my trip. I also have a heap from daikoko but that’s technically not  on the street 
    • i was thinking that the 2 wires that go to the sub from factory has some sort of preamp like you mentioned and also a lo Pass filter to get just bass. now that will only use 1 channel and that really should be all i need for a sub? if i was trying to put a set of speakers in the back i can understand cutting into the left and right speaker wires. i will try how im talking about doing it and if that is crap i will do it the way of all wires. thanks for the input guys.  
    • Challenging mig welding thin Aluminium pipe and trying to fit it in, having to bend and twist, but got there in the end. Fits really well and can easily get a socket wrench in there now to put it on/off. I'm in the middle of another project, so haven't installed the suction pipe yet. I'll post some pictures and results when i do.