SAU Community

Big Day Out 2006

Nightcrawler

I suggest we have an SAU Big Day Out 2006.

1. Start early at the Goodwood Pub for bbq brekkie and some Bourbons

2. Head over to Wayville and consume many more Bourbons

3. Around 4pm (or when you fall down) have a small sleep behind the sound stage in the middle of the main oval

4. Wake up and continue partying hard into the night :P

This was my routine this year, who's going to come next year? We need to buy tickets VERY soon before they sell out!

Erin - the lineup is not as good as previous years, but more than enough to keep me happy.

Highlights for me will be: The White Stripes, Franz Ferdinand, The Living end, Shihad/Pacifier, End of Fashion, Gerling, Mylo, Kid Kenobi, Magic Dirt, Hilltop Hoods, Cog, Sonicanimation, MIA, Foreshore and DJ Brendan. More than enough there to keep me happy, and way more than I can see in one day anyhow! I have seen most of these bands already, but am always happy to see them again! (Anyone else going to the Foo Fighters or Jamiroquai in the coming weeks? I am going to both :) )

Ash fyi the website is http://www.bigdayout.com/cities/adelaide.php and the date is 3rd Feb.

Yes, I agree - Carl Cox was insane - but then so was I by that hour of the night - memory is a bit blurry :D

Ive got around 150hrs of Carl Cox music (over 120hrs on solely worldwide Live Sets)... so Im a Carl Cox fan for sure. Yah, it was great to see him play this year, problem then is every year from hereonin wont be able to compare.

Deluxe probably typed Off Tap the way it should be typed. As some of you know, Im over 2m tall, and was around 5m from the front of the stage(a) where he played, so had an awesome view, pity my eyes were playing tricks on me. :D

But for original threads purpose, Im not too sure I'll go this year, 2nd baby will be less than 2weeks old at that stage, so need to be home with family.....

Edited by bwilkeson

• 2 weeks later...

BDO line-up isn't good enough for me and the missus to bother this year :) It's not that bad a line-up but just not up to the standard of previous years - BDO '05 Boiler Room with Carl Cox, Freestylers and Chemical Brothers was awesome!

Andrew, Kimmy and I are going to Jamiroquai (saw them last time too) and plan to see U2 as well.

They've changed the venue for Jay Kay and the lads mate - it's now at the Entertainment Centre (like last time).

Edited by whatsisname

line up im keen for.. pretty crap this year :)

Stolen Youth - know them, and are a sick unground punk band!!!

Mudvayne - ok, worth seeing metal dudes cut sick!

Hilltop Hoods - good, but gone too commercial weres lyrical commision?

Wolf & Cub - dont see. gay adelaide local. gay

Sarah Blasko - mm sexy.

my 2c. :D

• 1 month later...