SAU Community

Small Car Sunday

Oosh

Hey peoples, who's going to this, if there's a few of us why not make a SAU "event" out of it.

Fri - 200 Cars down on the Clipsal Grid.

Sat - Hillclimb and Burnout Comps at Collingrove.

Sun - Show 'n' Shine at Emanuel College

Well I'll definately be checking out Sunday, Friday night i can live without, and I'm interested in Sat if the company is right. :)

MEET DETAILS - Locations will be PM'd on request.

Saturday - Hill Climb

---------------------------

10:15 - Meet @ North Eastern location.

10:30 - Depart (we'll decide which route to take on the day)

11:30/12:00 - Arrive.

Sunday - Show'n'Shine

------------------------------

10:15 - Meet @ Western location (10 mins from Immanuel College)

10:30 - Depart

Edited by Oosh

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hi,

More motorsport in the Barossa, missed the Classic Adelaide so I'm going to try to get to both Sat. and Sun. events for SCS.

Hope to see some SAU people over the weekend.

Any SAU members entered in the Hillclimb?

Cheers

Hi,

More motorsport in the Barossa, missed the Classic Adelaide so I'm going to try to get to both Sat. and Sun. events for SCS.

Hope to see some SAU people over the weekend.

Any SAU members entered in the Hillclimb?

Cheers

I will be at the cruise and hillclimb dont know about the show. Just added new wheels, rubber, ditched the apexi exhaust in favour of a stainless/titanium exhaust from turbo's back courtesy of ET's and remapped powerfc + apexara boost control courtsey of Willalls to my R33. Showtime!

Edited by sparkmanv11

I might be interested in coming for a cruise up to Collingrove on Saturday with you Ash. My car is off the road atm.

I am going to the 36ers basketball in the evening, but I don't think the hillclimb goes into the evening, does it?

Is it too late to join the hill climb?

I just bought a r32gtr and want to see what it can do :)

If it is too late to join, I can meet up with you and cruise/give you a lift up there Andy.

How do you like the titanium exhaust sparkmanv11?

Mine is a tad loud for me and I am thinking of switching to a HKS catback. Does the titanium get softer as it age/more use at all?

Apparently the close date is the 20th of Nov.

I called them this morning and a nice and polite secretary said they are still taking in entrants.

Just faxed my entry form in :D

For more information check their website

www.sportingcarclubsa.org.au

Hope to see you guys there.

Well seems we have a quite a few people interested in one day or another, shame you can't make it Duc, I haven't seen you in ages!

Anyways I'm having a bit of trouble getting details on it all, I've at least got Sundays venue info.

Immanuel College

32 Morphett Road

Novar Gardens SA 5040

And from the entrants info. it looks like it's from 10am to 4pm

As for Saturday I'm still digging...

Further Sunday, if people want to meet up before-hand, i have a place in mind < 10 mins away then we can drive down together.'

If anyone lives around that area, Novar Gardens, and knows of a good spot let me know.

But for people who just want to rock up whenever I'm happy to PM my ph. no. out you.

So working on the assumption Sunday's festivities are 10-4 what's a good meet-up time?

I'm happy with anything from 1000 til 1230, make your opinions known people, we're on a compresed time-table so I'll have plans finalised by COB tm (Thurs).

On to Saturday.

Reckon i got a fix on the burnout/hill-climb joint's location.

8kms from Angaston on the Eden Valley Road

As for getting there, well our regular NE meet spot is a good jumping off point (will PM those who don't know it in due time), the way i see there's 2 routes to get there.

* Main North Rd / Sturt Hwy to Nuriootpa

* Turn off to Angaston

* Turn off south Eden Valley Rd

* North East Rd / Adelaide - Mannum Rd to Birdwood

* Trun left with the road & continue along towards Mt Pleasant

* Becomes Mt Pleasant - Keyneton Rd up thru Springton & Eden Valley

* Becomes the Eden Valley Rd and we attack it from the South.

I'm making guess-timations here but i put them at about 60 & 90 mins respectively.

#2 is more of a "traditonal" cruise route if that's what we want, or if we just want to get their, and watch the events then #1 is the go.

post-11737-1132714639.gif

Im keen on watching the hillclimb: Do you need a Cams Permit to enter?

keen on cruising to hillclimb aswell: never been on skyline cruise before --> every time there is one my car is off the road! --> Could You PM me with cruise details when they are finalised... Cheers

Haven't been out to Collingrove for about 12 months, but the last time I was there the road in to the track was gravel. Just thought I would mention it for the benefit of slammed and body kitted people.

I wrote some directions to Collingrove back HERE

If you guys are meeting somewhere before hand send me a PM as i'm keen to come along and meat some of you. Plus it's a nice drive if you go the back way through the hills :P