SAU Community

Paint Paint Glorious Paint

Hi everyone,

If you have a need or a want for custom colour paint for a project ( well, I suppose you could spray your dog, but I wouldn't recommend this), I have 8 4litre tins of Dupont Metallic Acrylic. The paint is called 'Dupont 600' and retails around $150 per litre, so a 4ltr tin is worth roughly $600. I have the following colours;

Ford Acid Jazz ( yellowish gold colour)

Holden Tiger Mica

Montego Blue

Mint Green

and 2 other shades of blue, and 2 in red. For more details please call Mick on 0400 4300 51.

I'm happy to do any of these colors for $400. Or the lot for $2800.

In case you are wondering how I came to have this, I agreed to swap a set of Works Equips 11J and 13J with new Bridgestone 275 and 295 tyres for this paint.

Somehow I think I was duped. Or maybe I was duponted.

Anyway, BUY MY STUFF OR THE OLD GEEZER GETS IT!

Cheers,

J

I had a lamborghini orange colour in mind..been quoted $450 for 4 litres and had another lambo colour which i was quoted $285 for 3 litres for the dupont high coverage 600 ...but im after the lambo orange 3 layer colour....

can you get these around the $80 a litre mark?

Thanks RomkaR31,

Seeing as you are posting this and not by PM, the general SAU community may appreciate it if you also post who is giving you ( and the general public) these quotes so that they can take advantage of this, or alternatively make sure that I provide a competitive price in response.

So whilst I chase up the orange, what's say you post those contact details for all SAU members to utilise should they wish?

Once you've done that, let's take this to PM....

Is this for your respraying your smashed 32 GTST? or did you sell that?

Cheers,

J

$425 is trade price on those colours not 600

Guys,

We seem to be having communications problems here....

I did not state 'trade price', I stated 'retail price'. There is and should be a difference.

Still, if trade is $425, and I'm selling at $400 obo, that would suggest it's below trade price, right? So you're point is?

As I am sticking by my original quote on 'retail' price, and we now have a posted 'trade' price, may I ask other members to ensure that future posts are of relevance?

SirSkyline - thanks for the pricing, and I do appreciate this as it helps to give more clarity for other members, but please don't suggest that I was stating trade prices when I wasn't. Irrespective, my prices still look cheaper....

Now, for someone actually genuinely enquiring about the product, would be happy to hear from you...........

Cheers,

J

How much coverage would you get from 4 ltrs?

Hi Dan,

I spoke with guy who painted my GTR ( which also helps to show one of the colors, this is the green, although it's also had a pearl run through it), and he said that 9 times out of 10 a 4ltr tin will be sufficient to get an R33 done. He used 3.5ltrs in doing my car ( note: basically overspraying everywhere but NOT engine bay) which was grey to green, and 2.5 ltrs on his own car ( also shown in the photo), which was blue to purple. He recommended using a cheap base coat, then this metallic acryllic over the top, then applying the 2-pac clear.

Not sure if this helps, get back to me if further detail needed.

cheers

post-23331-1132961367.jpg