SAU Community

Fuel Pumps

Deluxe

Bl4ck32's fuel pump is super quiet.... Shaun definitely has a few tricks up his sleeve getting the 044 in tank and QUIET!! ;)

I run an external bosch pump, that used to be very noise on hot days until I ran a direct feed from the battery to the pump.

Even on the last couple of hot days I couldn't hear it inside the car, maybe a slight buzz thats about it. Outside of the car it was rather noisy but at least I couldn't hear it inside.

Unsure exactly how the rewire has fixed the incar noise, I suspect its simply shifted the harmonics or something so that it doesn't vibrate the floor pan/in the car.

It used to be so bad I could feel it in the back seat once everything got really warm. :S

What is interesting is if I disable the std intank pump and leave the external running the external makes that same noisy buzz/uneven sucking sound. Possibly my stock pump totally craps its self once fuel gets warm.

I'm happy with it now, I couldn't care less how loud it buzz's outside the car, as long as its quiet inside. :P

Edited by Cubes