SAU Community

Urban Services Letter!

ib6ub9

Got the mail today, A letter from urban services... :D

Opened it and its a letter telling me my car has been reported as not having sufficient ground clearence and excessive noise.. :P

As if my GTR would be either of these things!!!!!

I truely didn't think it was possible for these type of reports to happen!!!!

MMMM I've vented of my anger now!

I seriously drive it around slowly 99% of the time... SH#T!!!!

Edited by ib6ub9

Theres your problem, if you drove it fast like you should, no-one would be able to catch your plates!

That is truly bullshit though! what action did they say you had to take?

is there an inspection and a cost involved? I would be fighting this all the way.

oh yeah, and sorry for reporting you.......

Yeah what did they say was the consequence? An inspection? God people are getting to be pricks these days! I bet the report said something like "I saw a GTR, you know the cars that kill people! It was so low! It made too much noise! There was a young male behind the wheel! It was an accident waiting to happen!

They can and do happen, but it usually takes a few people to dob you in before US do anything about it (e.g. send you a reinspection notice). Maybe theres a few people in your street that dont like your car and banded together to dob you in??

Usuaully you have to have a reinspection, but they have to make it conveniant for you. Upon request they will actually come to your house/work and inspect it, so theres an option. Just raise it up and quieten the exhaust down some how for the inspection, not much else you can do.

if the letter stated that you are required to come in for an inspection, then thats pretty poor......

however, it just said that your car is reported to be blah blah blah..... then just ignore it until you get another notice offically asking you for an inspection, or write back and say something like "thats nice....". but dont be too much of a smart ass, or they might just play funny buggers and issue you with an inspection notice.... :D

Theres your problem, if you drove it fast like you should, no-one would be able to catch your plates!

That is truly bullshit though! what action did they say you had to take?

is there an inspection and a cost involved? I would be fighting this all the way.

oh yeah, and sorry for reporting you.......

Thanks Andrew, I thought it was you!!! <_<

sounds dodge i am trying to remember your car from the marquees in the park thing and it didnt look that low or sound any louder than a normal gtr ???

Its pretty normal...

Yeah what did they say was the consequence? An inspection? God people are getting to be pricks these days! I bet the report said something like "I saw a GTR, you know the cars that kill people! It was so low! It made too much noise! There was a young male behind the wheel! It was an accident waiting to happen!

The letter stated i had 14 days from the 18/11/05 to get the car inspected at Dickson. my rego ran out today and now they also wont renew it until i have the inspections done!!! If i failed to have the inspection within the 14 days i will have court date and about $2000 dollar fee!!! :P

They can and do happen, but it usually takes a few people to dob you in before US do anything about it (e.g. send you a reinspection notice). Maybe theres a few people in your street that dont like your car and banded together to dob you in??

Usuaully you have to have a reinspection, but they have to make it conveniant for you. Upon request they will actually come to your house/work and inspect it, so theres an option. Just raise it up and quieten the exhaust down some how for the inspection, not much else you can do.

Yeah shes booked in to get the ISSUES fixed... But still no rego!

the people in the apartments i live in actually look heaps at the GTR. But i really didnt think she was too loud

if the letter stated that you are required to come in for an inspection, then thats pretty poor......

however, it just said that your car is reported to be blah blah blah..... then just ignore it until you get another notice offically asking you for an inspection, or write back and say something like "thats nice....". but dont be too much of a smart ass, or they might just play funny buggers and issue you with an inspection notice....  :)

I wish but they had fair dig at me!!!

Thanks all for the advice. Will keep you all updated!!!

There it is, you live in an appartment complex,

there are rules about noise etc it was probably a tenant complaining to

a land son of rajab and they dobbed you in...

A word to the wise if your car does not meet ADR's.... dont piss off any chicks..... can be a big head ache.. trust me....

To dob someone in to the RTA you need to give your Name and license number n shit. So if someone is just sookin cause they can they are wasting your time. Complain about it.... if you car is fine......

They can go back after the "sook" for wasting there time :P

There it is, you live in an appartment complex,

there are rules about noise etc it was probably a tenant complaining to

a land son of rajab and they dobbed you in...

that what I was gonna say... especially if you have an underground carpark or something it can sound louder than it really is cos it echos! some ppl are just whingers :P

yea i am waiting for the day that i get in trouble i go as slow as i can in ours and basically try to make as little noise as possible but it just drones in those places... though i reckon if your exhaust starts setting off alarms then you may have an issue mine only seems to be setting one stupid car off but it must be very touchy :P

Yeah i received a similar sort of thing recently just after passing an inspection at a servo, except mine was a "randomly selected quality assurance follow up inspection"... Random my ass.. :)

Got it cleared yesterday at dickson - althought it was 5mm too low and .1 db too loud, they let it slide :unsure: I've never been to dickson so i was stressing like crazy, but the guys were actually nice

Bad luck with that though, the RTA are on a crazy blitz!! Funny that, its formal season and the RTA are EVERYWHERE!

Edited by Mr Italy!

I got reported for excessive noise too, but when I went to Dickson to have it inspected it was well under the limit, the only problem was that the handbrake didnt work well enough, can you believe that, they checked EVERYTHING when it was only reported for noise... F*ckers!

Yeah i received a similar sort of thing recently just after passing an inspection at a servo, except mine was a "randomly selected quality assurance follow up inspection"... Random my ass..  :(

Got it cleared yesterday at dickson - althought it was 5mm too low and .1 db too loud, they let it slide :)  I've never been to dickson so i was stressing like crazy, but the guys were actually nice

Bad luck with that though, the RTA are on a crazy blitz!!  Funny that, its formal season and the RTA are EVERYWHERE!

I got the same thing, except I opted for them to come to my house. I wasn't about to waste my time driving to dickson when I had already passed the initial inspection

Looks like it's not so random after all.

• 2 weeks later...
I got the same thing, except I opted for them to come to my house. I wasn't about to waste my time driving to dickson when I had already passed the initial inspection

Looks like it's not so random after all.

Did they actually bother coming to your house? I figured if i make them get of their asses to come to me, they're gonna be pissed off slightly more then if i brought the car to them...

The other reason why i bothered driving to dickson is because im still in the "new car phase" where i find places to drive just for the sake of driving... I'm addicted :P

Did they actually bother coming to your house?  I figured if i make them get of their asses to come to me, they're gonna be pissed off slightly more then if i brought the car to them...

The other reason why i bothered driving to dickson is because im still in the "new car phase" where i find places to drive just for the sake of driving...  I'm addicted  :rolleyes:

yeah they came, they guys were alright but I was pissed so I was a bit rude.. next time I'll park the car in the backyard and let my rottweiler loose.. I wanna see that fat guy run.. lol