SAU Community

Are R32s Legal On P's In Vic?

Hi all,

I'm new to this forum, i'm after my second car (and am a skyline n00b) and basically want the most bang for buck without spending too much. Now my question is this, I live in QLD currently and am on my P's, but will most likely be moving down to Melbourne next year for study purposes. Does anyone happen to know if any of the turbo r32s are p plate legal down there? From what I can gather a gtst or gts4 might just scrape under their power to weight ratio? Like I said, i want something with a bit of poke and plenty of potential for modifications - and a skyline seems like a great idea!

And another question seems im here - gtst vs gts4 - can someone give me some ideas as to the pros/cons of each? I'm leaning towards the gts4, but any input would be great.

Thanks in advance guys!

Dan.

You can drive a 32 Gts, Gtst or the GTS 4 one but not GTR

Btw if u got the GTST theres no room for mods otherwise you go over the power to weight ratio. :angry: as it comes in at 124.3 kw or something :S

Gtst: Looks more like a sports car but less room

Gts4: More Room but looks more looks less sporty

but it all comes down to Personal opion, search it all been asked before :)

Thanks guys! I was certain it had been covered before, but me and search function don't seem to get along :O And i thought the r32 gtst and gts4 had the same power output? Anywayz i'll go do some more searches!

I wonder then, are any of the turbo 33s p plate legal? Guess i'd better look into that!

Ciao! B)

You can drive a 32 Gts, Gtst or the GTS 4 one but not GTR

Btw if u got the GTST theres no room for mods otherwise you go over the power to weight ratio. :O as it comes in at 124.3 kw or something :S

Gtst: Looks more like a sports car but less room

Gts4: More Room but looks more looks less sporty

but it all comes down to Personal opion, search it all been asked before :)

Do you really know what you are talking about?

GTS4 does not mean it is a 4 door, it is a 4wd GTST.

Personally, i would prefer the gtst, as i think the rb20det is not torquey enough for the 4wd system and the extra weight. This is only my opinion, others may disagree