SAU Community

Car Stolen - Nissan/datsun 280zx

Mattrix

Hi all, my car was stolen from West Gosford some time in the last day, it looks lke this:

ANIIML018.jpg

ANIIML016.jpg

if ANYBODY sees it or anything that resembles it (basically, there's no other car that really looks like this around) then PLEASE email me on [email protected], give me a call on 02 4962 1800, or send me a pm. the number plate is KW11CK, there's not much else to say on the car really.

fingers crossed... :O

Sorry to hear about any car being stolen. I know its not a good feeling, eespecially when you've put lots of time and effort into it.

I'll keep an eye out for it. I don't think I'll have any trouble recognising it.

Just out of curiosity, what kind of security system did you have on it?

yeah, is a nice car :P pretty bad story really...

it didn't have a full security system, i thought it had the stock zed alarm but obviously not, a lot of the zeds came with alarm systems that were designed to go off if someone played around with the wiring or anything like that... unfortunately the 2 other 280's that ive owned have had this feature, and the nice one happened to not have it (i can only assume). problem with these older cars is the wiring can start to play up a bit, so i don't know if that accounted for anything... it's just all the bad variables thrown into one really... wouldn't wish it onto anyone

So do you think its possible that joy-riders took it?

I wouldn't think they would in a car that stands out so much but it is possible.

Just in case it might be a good idea to check the areas people usually dump cars on the coast. If you haven't done it already.

So do you think its possible that joy-riders took it?

I wouldn't think they would in a car that stands out so much but it is possible.

Just in case it might be a good idea to check the areas people usually dump cars on the coast. If you haven't done it already.

It's a fairly loud car too, so they'd be noticed pretty easily if they were joyriders.

Hope you get it back, Matt. All thieves should be shot.

Nah, no news. and I don't expect that there will be either. I'm pretty much putting this car to rest, RIP my beautiful zed... if it appears again and I somehow get it back, that's called a bonus, but i've got about the same odds of winning the lottery

don't give up. had my car stolen about a year ago and it turned up 3 weeks later. it was dumped and had suffered a few thousand worth of parts stolen and a scratch here and there.

But i got it back.

I guess i was very lucky, but it can happen.

what did you do with the car once you got it back? i think i'd almost be more sad to get it back all bent out of shape, than to never see it again.

and yeah, i would agree that you were pretty lucky on that one. unfortunately I've heard that if you don't get it back within about 48 hours then you're likely to not get it back ever.

I repaired all the damage and kept it.

Or at least kept it for a few months. none of the damage was permanent and the car was 100% when i sold it.

I would have kept it for a few years but the buying of a house stopped that bit of fun...