SAU Community

Neo Rb25det Questions

DRFT 14

Hmm, im kind of getting confused here guys. So the R33 loom fits a NEO motor? And caminperth, you also said a the R33 25t AFM and ECU both fit ? Others have said it doesnt, has anyone tried this themselves and can confirm for sure? If caminperth is right then my life will be much easier, NEO stuff is very rare compared to R33 25t parts (and much more expensive!).

Sorry for the late reply - haven't been on here much lately.

To clarify everything, I put a NEO into an R33 and below is a list of what I'm using and how I got things working..

NEO Engine and turbo

NEO injectors & NEO injector loom plugged into R33 engine loom

NEO coilpacks and NEO ignition loom plugged into R33 engine loom

R33 throttle body and AFM plugged into R33 engine loom

NEO CAS plugged into R33 REWIRED engine loom - I needed to reverse the wires here

NEO VCT solenoid plugged into R33 engine loom - needed to bodgy the wiring here as the plug was different

NEO idle control valve plugged into R33 engine loom - again, needed a new plug

R33 engine loom plugged into R33 chassis loom

All run by a R33 ecu plugged into R33 chassis loom

I hope this makes sense. Let me know if you want pics of anything - I think I've got a few kicking around of the various connections ect. Also, all R33 parts above are RB25DET parts, not non-turbo parts..

:P

Edited by caminperth

I think they flow something likw 320 or 340cc

I'm quite sure the 33 injectors flow more however, something like 370cc (shoot me down if I'm wrong)

but yeh, they are different

And likewise I have a Neo in my 31, PM me if you want to know anything

Where did you find out the info on the injectors? I'm really interested in this as I thought the NEO ones were bigger than the R33 ones so I bought a bigger fuel pump to fit before getting it tuned.

I could've had it tuned ages ago with the smaller pump! DOH! <_<

NEO are 350cc. I read this ages ago and have been telling everyone but could never find where I initially read it again. I now know someone who flow tested one and it was just under this.

The R33 ones are 370cc.

NEO are 350cc. I read this ages ago and have been telling everyone but could never find where I initially read it again.  I now know someone who flow tested one and it was just under this.

The R33 ones are 370cc.

Thanks for that. That means my R33 fuel pump will work fine! :D

Off for a full tune I go! :)

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...

my neo conversion consisted of simular but different, i took the mind boggling road of lets convert the R34 loome to plug into R33..

With TPS, i took off the traction control unit, but unscrewed the TPS top of the unit with the wires on it, and fitted it onto S1.5 or later Throttle body.. as some of the early ones used a T-bar style catch to read the signal (some of you will know what i am talking about). Done allot of grafting of loomes, overall finished up realy tidy, done a few now.. but far too much work.. i actually havent looked at the stock engine maps, as i have just gone to PFC (when they were avalible) and got them tuned. Also you have to convert the part of the loome for indicators etc from an R33 onto the R34 Loome.

but i see merrit in the way that cam in perth done it.. and to be honest, now after having another conversion in another R33 where the owner wanted to run a Greddy intake, the R33 loome & Computer would have made more sense. as i had to convert it back to R33 idle air control etc, R33 injectors (in this case S15) and just ran it the same..

Things i found were (So definate):

R33 s1.5 and on use the same (4 pin maybe) AFM

Allot of sensors are the same so i guess you could just change them for R33 units if you were that keen!

R34 ECU is definatly a completely different plug.

Most of the extra crap in the Neo loome & ECU is for all the electronics the car runs and once you strip it back to basics it is essentially the same as R33.. The real advantage is in the solid lifters etc.. so.. i guess... really what ever takes your fancy... if you are keen on some info, i done some interrior loome pin outs ages back for R33 & R34 (Loome that runs back to the dash etc)..

The Neo head technology is really what your after and after you piss off all the extra electronic sensors (for the dash gauges) and the traction control, ABS & Auto inputs if relevant.. it is at the end of the day just an RB25 head with better internals..

• 2 months later...

How did you get on with the alternator problem, a couple of guys I know here in the UK have been asking a similar question but not been able to get a definitive answer.

Could you tell me what alterntaor you managed to get to fit the NEO unt and whether it needed any mods?

Cheers

Ash

hi,

i`m now driving an ENR33 (rb25de not-neo from factory) with rb25det NEO (from sII WGNC34) engine. Wiring loom is left rb25de from R33, ECU was from R33 rb25det A-LSD and now it`s R33 PowerFC. Works excellent.

the only thing which i`m not sure that it is working is NVCS. It is wired correctly but i`m not sure that on/off signal from R33 ecu is suitable for R34 nvcs device. I don`t feel it like in r33.