SAU Community

Perth Performance Shops Are Useless

StageZilla

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well we havent pissed Brad off - remind me not to.

Having said that some jobs are just a nightmare from beginning to end - and others run like clockwork. Its like that.

Jash

Well we havent pissed Brad off - remind me not to.

Having said that some jobs are just a nightmare from beginning to end - and others run like clockwork. Its like that.

Jash

hehe, no troubles with c-red only bought a handbrake off you and thats about all.

im a good customer, and in the first shop i mention i spent almost 5K in parts for the build i just want to be treated decently.

well the second shop in mention i found very very rude. as i alot of the time i work were there is no phone service and i leave about 5 6 in morning when noweres open i leave my gf a note with details to get me prices, info ect,.. she rang for some prices, and they asked her something and she didnt know (and i do relise shops get alot of toolies ringing asking crap and it would get frustrating) and she knows nothing about cars and couldnt anser it, and the guy was really rude and simply hung up on her.. now instead of giving her 2 mins and asking her one or 2 questions to find out what engine was in my car (ok mam well if you dont know what engine is in it do you know what kind of car it is) they crack it and hang up... i dont think a little time is to much to ask for when im going to be spending 1000's of dollars.. and although i have had no work done buy this shop i cant comment.. but the phone service sucks balls

Brad Pm me please with details.

Sadly the number of muppet workshops has increased exponentially in the last 3 years as cars/imports have become more popular.

I have some fantastic stories in regard to rex workshops with "incidents" in the past couple years.

What do you do? Well sadly it has come down to working on the car yourself or leaving the car stock.

Funny thing is I think forums have contributed greatly to helping propogate these clowns. People are far to quick and eager to recommend workshops, tuners, machinist, etc without having let time pass to prove the workmanship. Many prominant members have been very guilty of this in the past blindly recommended workshops to forums users - and then having major issues later with poor workmanship, poor tunes, etc, etc.

I for one have completely lost faith in shops in Perth. Were will I take my business - fark knows.

Sorry for rant people - but its the sad truth.

Dan

Brad Pm me please with details.

Sadly the number of muppet workshops has increased exponentially in the last 3 years as cars/imports have become more popular.

I have some fantastic stories in regard to rex workshops with "incidents" in the past couple years.

What do you do? Well sadly it has come down to working on the car yourself or leaving the car stock. 

Funny thing is I think forums have contributed greatly to helping propogate these clowns. People are far to quick and eager to recommend workshops, tuners, machinist, etc without having let time pass to prove the workmanship.  Many prominant members have been very guilty of this in the past blindly recommended workshops to forums users - and then having major issues later with poor workmanship, poor tunes, etc, etc. 

I for one have completely lost faith in shops in Perth.  Were will I take my business - fark knows.

Sorry for rant people - but its the sad truth.

Dan

thats dead right mate, i have done everything on my cars always, saves cash and gives ya satisfaction ya know its done right and not rushed by some 10 year spanner head.

unfortunately i havent got the equipment for machining blocks and porting heads but god damn if i did i'd make a fortune and give people their stuff on time haha.

only thing i also cant do is the tuning, but i've found a shop reccomended by a few others for autronics tuning. im going to learn autronics tuning, thats for sure, got a laptop, buying the autronics AFR meter, and knock speakers and ill do on road tuning, not anything serious though, dont wanna lunch an expensive engine now do we :P

OK, I have tried to stay out of this but unfortunately will have to reply.

By now I think that most people would know that the 2 shops in question are us and **** so that saves hearing a slightly biased view on what has happened.

In regards to the machining, when the client ( Brad ) has a very expensive HKS stroker kit, which btw we organised for him through another client at 1/2 retail price with no markup from us, we only trust one shop.

The said shop is very busy, they were going through a restructuring and the time frame blew out.

We had little control over that as we aren't the ones doing the machining.

At most times we answered the numerous phone calls/questions/concerns that Brad had over a range of items and issues during his time with using us ( and that dates back to his RB26 Commodore)and am sorry to see it has got to this.

The head porting issue with **** ( which btw Brad, your Dad said was done when he came in here about 1 month ago... ) is probably due to a w/shop staff shakeup down there and the fact there head tuner/engine builder is quite ill.

Like any performance shop around Perth, we try and do the right thing as much as possible by the client but sometimes the expectations/time frames can be unrealistic.

I understand Brads frustration and I do feel sorry that he was stuffed around but as stated, we only arranged the machining, we weren't actually doing it.

I think that the views expressed by yourself are a little emotional and you must realise that as expressed by Liz, calling us a bunch of wankers won't win you favours with too many shops.

As I also explained to your father, you were/are more than welcome to come and discuss any further issues but as your father also said, you spend too much time on the internet and get too many different opinions which makes it hard to then have a clear view of what you wish to achieve.

Cheers

Ken

Edited to protect the other shop. They may post as well.

I thought it was quite legal to post up shop names just so long as everything posted regarding said workshop/business whatever was all true and correct? Like no false claims and everything is sweet? You get banned for that? Sorry if theres been a big prob with posting up business names in order to 'protect the innocent/guilty' that I don't know about...

Rezz - you should know the forum rules out of anybody...

This is direct from the SAU Guidlines...

No slander to be made towards businesses or individuals. We understand that if you have had a bad experience with a business you want to warn other people of said experience, at the same time any information that could be classed as slander or is an attempt in anyway to deter business from any individual or business on this website is the responsibilty of the owner of the website and all legal liability falls on said owner. Informing people via PM's is tolerated as it is not a public message. With this said, feel free to post any information about a business or individual that you have had good dealings with.

Basically Prank doesnt want legal action taken against him because of other people bad mouthing businesses (true or not... it would be for the courts to decide).

Rezz, true or not, I still get dragged through an enquiry if negative information is on this site about a business if they wish to take further action.

I have 3 lawyers in my immediate family so I know what I have to do to cover my ass. Unfortunately, I am the worlds biggest advocate for freedom of speech, I am just not rich enough to allow myself to be liable for others' free speech... It sucks ass man, I totally agree, but what can you do?

Christian

Rezz - you should know the forum rules out of anybody...

This is direct from the SAU Guidlines...

No slander to be made towards businesses or individuals. We understand that if you have had a bad experience with a business you want to warn other people of said experience, at the same time any information that could be classed as slander or is an attempt in anyway to deter business from any individual or business on this website is the responsibilty of the owner of the website and all legal liability falls on said owner. Informing people via PM's is tolerated as it is not a public message. With this said, feel free to post any information about a business or individual that you have had good dealings with.

Basically Prank doesnt want legal action taken against him because of other people bad mouthing businesses (true or not... it would be for the courts to decide).

Hey I do know about the forum rules (if that had anything to do with it), but I interpreted that rule posted above pertaining to a slanderous post, not physically typing out the name of a business... ie: "I had a bad experience at XYZ workshop, and it went a little sumthin like dis"... if slander came into it then yeah no worries delete the lot, ban the se... eerrm offender and thats that.

This isnt the thread to discuss the forum rules as it is off topic. If you want to talk about it further Rezz, then I am happy to discuss it with you in PM or the Moderators area :D

I think Prank has given us all a clear reason as to why the rule is in place.