SAU Community

Psp Help/faq/tips

Beer Baron

Hi guys,

I have a psp. It's a japanese version with firmware 1.50 (not downgraded, original 1.50). I am keen to get some roms for it like some SNES roms, and sega roms etc. I have downloaded the emulator pack which has the loaders (i think they are called) but no games. where can i find the games? also where are the good spots to go for roms/isos? Bearing in mind i do have the original UMDs for all the games i just want to run them from mem stick to save battery and in no way want to infringe copyright. :D

so where is all the gun software for psp?

also, i just ordered a copy of GTA for psp but i've heard that i wont be able to play it unless i upgrade to v2.0 or higher. I have also heard there is a homebrew that can make GTA think i have 2.0 without me actually having to upgrade? Does anyone know about this?

also any other psp tips, or good sites would be cool.

R

yes, i read about the firmware switcher thing, but i understand that it doesn't work with GTA LCS, which is the reason i want it. Problem is i have a virgin 1.50 japanese psp. it's great. i love it. BUT i want to play GTA (which i've already bought), but if i upgrade my psp to 2.0 to play GTA i can then downgrade it back to 1.5 but apparently it wont be quite the same as a virgin 1.50 psp.

yeah the only thing that sucks with the V.150 is that i have bought a copy of GTA LCS and can't play it unless i ipgrade to 2.0. of course i could then downgrade back to 1.50 but apparently it wont be the same as a virgin 1.50 as they reckon a virgin 1.50 might be able to be downgraded to 1.0 some time in the future (though i don't know how that will help my GTA LCS problem).

in other news i downloaded some SNES roms, i now have 360 SNES games running on my PSP using nesterJ. I love it. all the old favourites like super mario 1, 2 and 3. metroid. paperboy and a very funny game called pussy city pimps or something. I love the psp!

god damn this is pissing me off. I just got another hard copy game and it needs v2.0 firmware too.

does anyone know if i will still be able to play my SNES roms using nester J once i upgrade to 2.0 (providing i don't go to 2.6). apparently you can run homebrew and roms on 2.0 now is that right?

apparently they are developing something for 1.00 that will allow you to play roms, and the games that require 2.0 ,2.6 etc. I don't know much about it, i'm a bit noob when it comes to psp. :P