SAU Community

Which Pod Filter?

Which have you found to be the best pod  

52 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

You didn't put k&n in there which is probably the most popular aftermarket filter on the market for the simple fact that it can be cleaned and reused.

The apexi's are one use only by the way (though 1 use is good for 20-40k) and do a very good job of cleaning and have high flow.

Blitz, you may as well run no filter, i've seen a 5k old turbo look like it's eaten sand after using a blitz pod. The blades were rooted.

I have a Blitz LM pod and I haven't had any problems with it yet. Noticeable power gain + awesome sound. It passed an EPA inspection while a K&N oil based pod apparently wouldn't. It's blue as well so it looks good too.

ye ive heard k&n's screw up ur afm's...

Apexi is what i use...

also those spongey ones wont be good either.. after time pieces of the sponge stuff could break away and get sucked in..

that wouldnt be good ... ;o

there is nothing wrong with k&n filters on afms. IF THEY ARE USED CORRECTLY. they are not meant to be dripping in oil, it's a light coating. and i don't beleive this makes them any more illegal that another other un covered pod. If you take a walk aroujnd any racing paddock you will see plenty of k&N filters on all types of cars. K&N filters have great flow and extremely good filtering (in part due to the oiling). At the moment i'm using apexi pods but if i could have easily got a set of K&ns for the GTR i would have. the apexi pods seems pretty good though.

apexi are good but have to be replaced all the time

i had a apexi when my car came from japan, i got rid of it for a k&n simply cause they are very similar in performance but k&n can be kept forever while apexi have to be replaced

there is nothing wrong with k&n filters on afms. IF THEY ARE USED CORRECTLY. they are not meant to be dripping in oil, it's a light coating. and i don't beleive this makes them any more illegal that another other un covered pod. If you take a walk aroujnd any racing paddock you will see plenty of k&N filters on all types of cars. K&N filters have great flow and extremely good filtering (in part due to the oiling). At the moment i'm using apexi pods but if i could have easily got a set of K&ns for the GTR i would have. the apexi pods seems pretty good though.

Well I don't know what the law is in NSW but in VIC it IS illegal to have a wet/oiled type pod filter... only filters with dry elements are legal (eg Apexi/HKS).

edit: Sorry that was me - Kaz180