SAU Community

Some1 Tryed To Break Into My Car!

ranicx

is there any way you can activate electrical current through your door key hole when you arm your alarm so if someone tries to stick a screw driver into it it'll do a bit of damage?

theres an idea for alarm manufacturers!

from memory i memba my old man telling me one of his mates did this to his car back in the day... they used a capacitor so it charges up and lets it out in a burst... worked pretty good he said...

lol.. sounds like it would work.. just dun wana put too much load through the capacitor.. did first year of a sparkys course, and they showed us (just for fun) whatr happens when ya put too much load through a capacitor, like a decent side one... haha, boom!, nuthing lefft but 1 wires that used to be attached to the thing in the middle.. quite entertaining actualy

man it pisses you off! KILL KILL KILL!!!!!!!!!

I had some dude key my old 31 f**king arseholes! And i thought castle hill was nice :rolleyes:

Lets destroy them! hahaha set up traps everywhere... we could make a reality tv show out of it and buy 34's! haha

my car was park at castle towers carpark tonight and when i come back to it after watching a movie, i find that theres screwdriver dents on the top of the door trim where some1 tryed to pry it open or something.

they didnt set the alarm off, or get in.. but it sh*ts me off, is that some fu*king low life has tryed to break into my car  :rolleyes:

not happy jan  <_<

anyone know where i could get the door trim (the black strip that goes above the door), and how much would it cost to fix?

mate, do you live in castle hill?? I live there and I park in castle towers all the time :)

Thats not the most comforting news i've heard today...

from memory i memba my old man telling me one of his mates did this to his car back in the day... they used a capacitor so it charges up and lets it out in a burst... worked pretty good he said...

is there any way you could get more info on this mate?

i'd do it.

mate, do you live in castle hill?? I live there and I park in castle towers all the time  :)

Thats not the most comforting news i've heard today...

Yah ditto... i live near Castle Hill and park my car there all the time...

What time was it/period of time did you leave it for???

6 months ago, I got the locks on my '95 Corolla sedan changed because they were getting old and crunchy. Yeah I know, it's a 'Rolla but hey, I'm on my L's. I share the car with my sister (skyline comin in 2 months!). The bill for the two locks was $400...older parts are so expensive aren't they?

Now a week after that, when my sister was at work in The Rocks, she finished her shift at 1 a.m. only to find that they key wouldn't fit in the drivers side lock. Someone had tried to break in. Obviously they were amateurs because even I think I could break into my car! However the lock was completely broken, and as it turned out the end of a knife was snapped inside it. Cost another $200 to get a new lock.

The next week, same time, same bloody day of the week, it happens again. The lock was completely mangled and again something snapped in it. Another $200 to get it repaired.

Now in total this has cost us $800.

We went to the police in The Rocks. They knew it was a gang of kids. We already knew that - just down the road from where she works is some youth hall or something. They are obviously practicing on older vehicles and I bet they are going to have fulfilling lives as professional scumbags when they are older.

This is a warning to anyone who goes to The Rocks. Don't leave your car there for long - make sure it's alarmed - and watch out for these punks.

Before you say 'don't drive into the city', let me explain. There is no other viable way of transport into the rocks and more importantly, transport out, late at night - without paying an expensive cab fare both ways. Parking somewhere else or in a pay parking car park would be risky as it means my sister would have to walk through dodgy areas to get to her car. The situation is screwed.