SAU Community

Crap Roads

Angry Fist

last friday I was having a crap day at work, and then I had to pick up my little sister at tutoring in homebush. Problem is the quality of Parramatta rd is so bad that I try avoiding it like the plague but this time it couldn't be helped. Anyway, it felt more like I was riding a donkey on uneven ground or cruising in some rough seas or something. Then on the wee hours of sunday morn on my way home from the city I was cruising up epping rd about 80km/h when I hit this fu_King great big pot hole that came out of no-where so hard that it felt like I hit a land mine or something. It was so hard that it shook the whole sunroof/light controls panel out of the ceiling! Luckily (or not) it was just me in the car! Anyway, I really think the minister of transport or roads should get off his ass and fix the damn roads.

just a thought...

AF

awww there was quite a large pot hole (well it was more like a open cut mine) on parra road that i almost hit yesterday.. i swear i woulda lost my tire down it, i couldnt even see the bottom..

and yeh parra road is awful. the worst road ive eva been on anywhere.. including over seas in places like romaina singapore (there nice roads there :)) and a few others.. dirt roads are actualy alot better then it in some places!, lol

I'd say it's wishful thinking that the quality of some Sydney roads will ever be improved. For a main road into the city, the state of Parramatta Rd is disgraceful.

I also got a buckled rim from hitting a huge mother of a pothole in my Prelude a few years back (I was following another car and didn't see the crater till the I was on top of it). Needless to say, I wasn't impressed when I had to fork out $200 to get the rim replaced. I felt like sending the bill to the RTA.

Yeah they are shocking. I was up in QLD a few weeks back and their roads are much better. However, with Sydney traffic and road usage it's almost impossible for them to fix it even if they want to. The damage has been done....

I got a buckled rim from hitting a huge mother of a pothole in my Prelude a few years back

Sorry to hear about that! (the prelude ownership :lol: :) )

the only way to get around this problem is to move somewhere else. sorry but i think they will never get better. the huge volume of trucks that travel on parramatta road is what kills it.

Straight down Parramatta Road to where the clock tower is, make a left and head towards Ashfield - WELCOME TO LAND MINE TERRITORY! :) Funny thing is that everytime I drive through there, I see more and more modified cars :D

Sydney has some of the worst roads in the state.

For a place of its calibre, its a joke.

Surely they ain't short of a quid to fix them with the density of people in the area that pay tax, rates etc etc.

Maybe they just can't justify closing the roads for repair, because of how busy it is?

Drive into Canberra and it feels like the roads have been replaced with grippy glass, it's that smooth over there.

I wonder why that is... :)

I love Canberra roads. You can run your suspension with track stiffness and not need to make weekly visits to the chiro........

One of these days I'm going to have to pop the semi slicks on the car, drive to Canberra, and film my own Rendezvous one night.

haha, aww today was funny seeing how many partly melted roads there where..

old northen road in glennorie.. the long stright part where it goes from 60ks-80ks, its all sticky as! , would give the best grip for a drag i think :(

the street behind my house requires 4X4 it's so bumpy and full of grand canyon sized potholes.... oh and it's a bloody sealed road......... in Bondi..... go figure. Most of the main roads in bondi suck as well, I think I scare the shit out of people driving in the lanes next to me while i swerve from side to side trying to dodge the bloody craters...

I think I scare the shit out of people driving in the lanes next to me while i swerve from side to side trying to dodge the bloody craters

Now that you say that, there was one time when a cop was behind me and I was doing this "dance" of sorts. He/she (was at night time) started to flash their hi-beams at me and come closer to the back of my car. By this point I'd left about 100m between me and the car in front so I could see the minefield :P I carried on "dancing", the cop thought I was drunk and was about to lose it when all of a sudden I saw his car bounce LOL!

He kept his distance after that :D

Saying that though, 4WD drivers shit me on these roads as they have no problems and want to go through at 100km/hr - spare a thought for those who do not ride 5ft off the ground~