SAU Community

Crap Roads

Angry Fist

only reason why i bought colover was so when im driving with the young lady i can see here boobs bounce

crap sydney roads are great if you ask me

only buy adjustable coilovers if

A) for boobies

B) for track work :lol:

everyone else is a wanker!!!

Edited by fatz

Parra Rd will only be fixed in time for the next olympics.....

shit!

Oh well.. M4... get off at Silverwater Rd.. Victoria Rd.... Parra.

I REFUSE TO PAY TOLLS!!!!!

As bad as the roads are (GTR with tein susp and f + r adjust camber) i cant get over the stupidity and lack of thought put into the organisation of roadwork crews.

If they have to block off 2 out of 3 lanes on a major road, why not start it at midnight? then finish before peak hour in the morning? (Obviously not practical when drying/curing is involved)

I travel very strange hours, and during the day when im out and about the road crews are digging holes and filling them in (not flat either more often than not), but the same road at 330am = empty?

Isnt it the RTA's job to ease jams? Not make them?

Goes to show the lack of care for the motorist from RTA.

Not sure where you're living, but can't say that happens around my neck of the woods.

Around here, road works start at around 20:00 - 21:00, and they're usually done by 02:00 - 03:00. I'd think that they should work through until 05:00, which will still give them time to clean up before the morning traffic comes in....and do a proper 8 hour shift.

Straight down Parramatta Road to where the clock tower is, make a left and head towards Ashfield - WELCOME TO LAND MINE TERRITORY! :P  Funny thing is that everytime I drive through there, I see more and more modified cars :D

Yeah this road is shocking! Frederick street! As I live near by I tend to use it a fair bit and my tein suspension really doesn't like it.

Do you use this road much Satanic? May have seen you around in the R34!

yeah I certainly notice the difference comin from Melbourne to Sydney. The roads over there are far better than the ones here.

In melb if there's a pothole for the first year or so they put a sign up saying "rough surface" and then they get off their arses and fix it properly. In syd it seems they just lift the whole block out and replace the block, not giving a rats arse if its level with the surface on either side (like on Parra Rd).

I travel Parramatta Rd every day from Silverwater Rd to Woodville Rd. I would take the M4 if there was a bloody entry/exit ramp for woodville rd but there isn't. That bloody railway crossing is a pain in the ass, bloody biggest road in Sydney and you have to stop every 10 minutes to let the train go past. Ridiculous!

There are 2 types of Major pavement types rigid and flexible and different usage concrete belongs to rigid, asphalt and bitumen belongs to flexible..depending on design

concrete povement uised in european countries(cannot be compared to Local Road)

-bloody expensive

-very durable, in fact almost no repairs needed for design life of 40yrs

-as far as I know, not in use in Australia, because population are too widespread and hence cheaper to actually fix the road at regular interval

Australian roads uses mainly asphalt and bitumen surfacing

asphalt are a mix of gravels, sand, bitumen..cost approximately 30 times (I think can't remmeber) to bitumen surfacing

on rural roads, bitumen surfacing are used..

-cheaper

-shorter lifespan

-as bitumen layer oxidises they loose their initial elastic charateristic and start to crack..water sips into base, layer and form potholes

- not suited fo high volume of vehicle turning

urban roads, asphalt

- longer lifespan

- has bitumen which acts as a waterproof layer before the asphalt surfacing applied

- simmilar concept, with time the bitumen gets brittle

-more adaptable for locations with high volume of vehicles turning

the Main Roads in W.A, not sure abt sydney usually leash out contracts for private companies to take care of the road... so in fact the stretch of road may not necesarily be under the goverment charge to mantain..Y.

usually potholes are fixed using this mixture called hotmix or sumthing..I can't remember...but it's basically another type of black goo stuff..to be shoved into potholes..

however if there are numerous of potholes, the whole road might have to be rehabilitated...

-remove initial surfacing layer..scraping...

-if base layer thickness are compacted by the yrs and vehicles passing through and are not within Austroad standard minimum requirement additionalbase layer need to be added

- and when that happed, compaction is required, and few more of test and techniques which

-after that surfacing the whole layer...before everythign done..

fixing a stretch of road is costly and take more than a day to be done...so usually roadworks are done during night time closing one lane at a time...and fixing that particular lane..

if that stretch of road is crutial, some serious traffic planning has to be done...if traffic is to be diverted on another road...the volume might exeed the design parameter of that particular road..and end up damaging that road..

this is a main road to syney so there'd be a high volume traffic so traffic disruption is less tolarable..I'm not sure how long the road has been in this condition, but there'll probably plans to restore the road...but will take sometime for approval and paperworks...

~~

I was cruising up epping rd about 80km/h when I hit this fu_King great big pot hole that came out of no-where so hard that it felt like I hit a land mine or something. It was so hard that it shook the whole sunroof/light controls panel out of the ceiling!

You will DEFINITELY need a wheel alignment, and check that you didn't buckle your wheels.

Bummer :)

Straight down Parramatta Road to where the clock tower is, make a left and head towards Ashfield - WELCOME TO LAND MINE TERRITORY! :( Funny thing is that everytime I drive through there, I see more and more modified "

i was in my corolla didn't see it and BANG i hit it,it snapped my exhaust bracket,put a big crack in my windscreen which really SHITS me.

FIX THESE DAM ROADS YOU STUPID GOVERNMENT!

there that felt better.

Edited by eurospec