SAU Community

Oh Ya Gota Be Joking!

ranicx

Ok, Let me tell you a simple solution. I had this problem a little while back, and I took care of it quicksmart the intelligent way.

Firstly, think about it this way. If someone has a problem with me, I want them to come up to me and tell me, not tal about it behind my back. The car is mine, not my parents. I'm 20, and my parents are not responsible for my car. I similarly had people complaining to my parents. They just gave me the letter.

Secondly, if I had a complaint, I would let them know that i'm the one who has the problem. Their annoynymous letter is just being plain wimpy. It's just like sending an anonymous letter to someone going, you're a dickhead, but I'm not going to tell you who I am, coz i'm scared of you.

These two reasons above are reasons why I think they are wimps.

What you do, is leave the letter. Continue as you were all along. If they continue to be annoyed, they will eventually make themselves known to you, and you can deal with them directly.

Eventually, the party made themselves known to me. As I am a law student, I am familar with the different provisions of the law relating to car modifications and noise, emissions etc. I went over there quick smart. I said to him calmly that in the future, if there is ever any issues, come directly to me and deal with me. I'm not a scary person. I then proceeded to explain to him the situation and that my car complies with the relevant laws. Of course my exhaust is probably too loud etc, but I said to him that it wasn't.

I then proceeded to say that I have as much right to use the street as they do. My idoling of the car is during normal hours of the day. There are plenty of noises all around. 90 db is softer than the sound of a vaccuum cleaner (ours is 95 db). I told them for this reason that they should seriously get over it and stop fussing, because I idol for like 1 minute at max. Vaccumming takes like 1 hour.

In your position, I feel that your neighvour is being worse then my neighbour. Not only is your neighbour a wimp for the two reasons mentioned above, they are further wimps for another reason. They insult and judge you, when they are in no position to. TEll them, don't judge people unless if you're perfect. Find stuff that they do wrong, and say, I will not go to your level and insult people behind their back. you use the hose to water the lawn...blah blah blah etc. But I don't judge you, insult you behinmd your back saying your not a community person, an unemployed old dickhead etc.

after that, I was never spokenn to again.

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

im pretty sure i spotted u on sunday night at 2am going home, ranicx ;p

i was coming back after a run thru the gorge.. :(

do u have a blue neon thing around ur rear numberplates?

nar i dont have blue neons around my rear number plate.. the lights on the rear number plate of mine are red tinted, and the neon under the back of the car is an aqua blue (same with front) and the sides are the normal blue ya see for neons.

my friends dad owns a 300, and he has blue neons around his rear number plate and front i think.. not too sure though if they actualy work.

where is this gorge you all speak of?

it links hornsby and galston together. its about a 5 km road down into the gorge and then up the other side. its rather narrow and windy with tight bends.. not alot of room to get up much speed, say around 80ks if ya dunw ana go flying off the edge into the gorge bellow, lol.. but yeh, its not a bad surface ether, its limited to cars only as the bends are so tight, which means the road doesnt get stuffed up by trucks

Ok, Let me tell you a simple solution. I had this problem a little while back, and I took care of it quicksmart the intelligent way.

Firstly, think about it this way. If someone has a problem with me, I want them to come up to me and tell me, not tal about it behind my back. The car is mine, not my parents. I'm 20, and my parents are not responsible for my car. I similarly had people complaining to my parents. They just gave me the letter.

Secondly, if I had a complaint, I would let them know that i'm the one who has the problem. Their annoynymous letter is just being plain wimpy. It's just like sending an anonymous letter to someone going, you're a dickhead, but I'm not going to tell you who I am, coz i'm scared of you.

These two reasons above are reasons why I think they are wimps.

What you do, is leave the letter. Continue as you were all along. If they continue to be annoyed, they will eventually make themselves known to you, and you can deal with them directly.

Eventually, the party made themselves known to me. As I am a law student, I am familar with the different provisions of the law relating to car modifications and noise, emissions etc. I went over there quick smart. I said to him calmly that in the future, if there is ever any issues, come directly to me and deal with me. I'm not a scary person. I then proceeded to explain to him the situation and that my car complies with the relevant laws. Of course my exhaust is probably too loud etc, but I said to him that it wasn't.

I then proceeded to say that I have as much right to use the street as they do. My idoling of the car is during normal hours of the day. There are plenty of noises all around. 90 db is softer than the sound of a vaccuum cleaner (ours is 95 db). I told them for this reason that they should seriously get over it and stop fussing, because I idol for like 1 minute at max. Vaccumming takes like 1 hour.

In your position, I feel that your neighvour is being worse then my neighbour. Not only is your neighbour a wimp for the two reasons mentioned above, they are further wimps for another reason. They insult and judge you, when they are in no position to. TEll them, don't judge people unless if you're perfect. Find stuff that they do wrong, and say, I will not go to your level and insult people behind their back. you use the hose to water the lawn...blah blah blah etc. But I don't judge you, insult you behinmd your back saying your not a community person, an unemployed old dickhead etc.

after that, I was never spokenn to again.

yeh ill just keep on doing what im doing cause im not doing anything rong.. and hopefuly who ever made the letter will actualy come to us to talk about it insted of hiding behind a letter.

our neighbour to our right, her husband has cancer and getting kemo so hes pritty sick and used to get woken up when i arived home late at night, and they politly came up to us and told us of the problem and now i just park further up the drive (on the front lawn actualy), so as to not wake him. i have no problem with that at all..

thats how this other person should have approched me, not by writing a cowardly letter.

oh and what is the max noise level for a cars exhaust? .. i know im most defently below it as mine isnt loud, its just a very low bassy tone that tends to travel at night.. sound very nice, lol

Edited by ranicx

hehe .. sunday night was an awesome run.. no traffic at all each way :)

yeah i was on my way to doing something had to go up the gorge, i went back down too, and obviously no traffic as it was close to 4am :) while i was parked i did see a 4wd drive through though. I dont like it, too tight and short :D

Not a big fan of the Gorge either. Its too tight for my car.

If I drove something light and nimble, or with a lot of grip and grunt, I'd enjoy it. I reckon something like an MX-5 would be great downhill on the Galston side. Or thrashing a big power Evolution up the Hornsby side.

Maybe if I owned both I could park the Evo on the shoulder near the bridge, and just swap cars. :P

Edited by scathing

We had an issue when we got our first dog at our current address. We got a letter from all our "concerned neighbours in a 100m radius". The poor puppy had just come home and was crying at night because it was unuse to its new surroundings: we were accussed of not feeding it, not loving it, and causing others to loose sleep, being the root of all evil, etc.

Anyway, turns out it was one neighbour -- do-gooder christian -- who wrote the letter, and noone else. Best thing we ever did was to find out who it was and confront them (not aggressively, but firmly). Don't try and annoy your neighbours by having mates cruise with stereos and so forth (not saying you would) because you reduce yourself to playing their petty game.

Door knock your neighbours until you found out which one/s it was and discuss the matter with them. Point out its your car (not your parents), that you obey the speed limits, that the BOV/wastegate is standard, that they may be confusing your car with others, and that writing an anonymous letter is cowardly and if they have a problem they should make it known to you in a polite and correct manner. If you feel uncomfortable with face-to-face, do as suggest and write a reply (I suggest you make it sound as "professional" as possible) and letterbox, ensuring you include a copy of the original letter to showcase how rediculous it is (both it terms of content and the lack of a name).

Nancy Faken place?

HAHAHAHA

I used to live on Arcadia Road (nancy place runs off it)

Let me tell you one thing about the people in Galston. Most of them are red neck faken winging wankers. I grew up there and as soon as I could legally drive (around galston 10YO's drive) I was out of there.

BTW If you think Galston Gorge is tight then we should cruise through Berowra gorge...even tighter..but I love it tight.

You know your in Galston when your next door neighbour is either your first, second or third cousin.

You know you’re in Galston when you wait for a Bus and the only bus comes once a day (followed by several horse and carts)

You know when you’re in Galston when you walk into IGA and you can name every person in the supermarket and list their cousins names and what Strawberry farm that they own.

You know your in Galston when you do your fruit and veg shopping from various stalls on the side of the road.

Anyway....So we cruisin?

also, switch off all of your assorted neons.

hehe nar i dun drive with any out side the car on, dun worry... only the footwell ones are on all the time

Nancy Faken place?

HAHAHAHA

I used to live on Arcadia Road (nancy place runs off it)

Let me tell you one thing about the people in Galston. Most of them are red neck faken winging wankers. I grew up there and as soon as I could legally drive (around galston 10YO's drive) I was out of there.

BTW If you think Galston Gorge is tight then we should cruise through Berowra gorge...even tighter..but I love it tight.

You know your in Galston when your next door neighbour is either your first, second or third cousin.

You know you’re in Galston when you wait for a Bus and the only bus comes once a day (followed by several horse and carts)

You know when you’re in Galston when you walk into IGA and you can name every person in the supermarket and list their cousins names and what Strawberry farm that they own.

You know your in Galston when you do your fruit and veg shopping from various stalls on the side of the road.

Anyway....So we cruisin?

hahahaha sounda bout right.. mostly the IGA one, haha

and yeh Berowra gorge is insanly tight! .. i avoid it.. that and i wouldnt be able to get onto the ferry anyway with out wiping out half my car.

and as for the crusie thing.. nar not my house, it would be grid lock in nancy place! :lol: and also this is the kinda street where id proberly wake up the next day to see some msg spraypainted on my car...

Shall we do a cruise down to Berowra waters then one day? Take all the gorge virgins through galston gorge and fly through the back streets of Arcadia / Berrillee and have a BBQ at the Berowra waters park thingy.

Who's up for it?

sounds pritty good to me.

haha, every1 seems to fly along them back streets in arcadia

90dBA is limit.

But your can is very stocky. Hardly loud at all.

Lets cruise to your house :D

lol, my can? yeh i know ay.. its pritty quiet compared to some

Edited by ranicx

You guys are all too harsh.

Coming home at 2:30am and leaving your car running for 30 secs might not seem that bad to you being a Tubo car owner and all that jazz. In fact, you probably loved the day your turbo timer was installed!

But when there is NO other noise around except a quiet (yeah sure, compared to what),deep bassy, exhaust sound (which probably means the whole street can hear it) running for as you put it, 'it's only 30 secs'. It's probably is enough to wake everyone up and would seem more like 5 mins to them.

Sure the levels are legal but i don't think a turbo timer is necessary at that time of night. Just drive home at i steady pace and turn if off as some else mentioned they do.

If a Semi trailer (turbo) parked outside your house and let his turbo timer go for 30secs, rumbling away, would you care? Shit, I would ! But hey, it's legal.

Anyway, don't mean to soud like I'm having a go or anything, just try and see it from their (non-turbo) point of view. Particularly being neighbours, wouldn't you rather get along?

If all the cruises do happen, won't be long before the shit starts appearring on your door handle too I's say.

Anyways...... My exhaust is pretty loud and the only reason my neightbours don't complain ( i think) is because another dude with his old V8 ute (actually pretty nice) spends all day with it out the front yard with the bonnet up revving away as he tinkers around.

It's like he does a full tune every weekend ! Haha.

Good luck with the neighbours.

Hope it all turns out ok.

ROFL

That's hilarious.

Just don't do anything to piss anyone off (i.e. keep a low profile) but also be assertive. Letting your car warm down a little isn't anything bad. That's reasonable behaviour.

Also if they didn't sign it they're obviously not up to get a constructive response so they aren't interested in being constructive about it they just wanted to vent.

Obviously no life people who read the local newspaper and think go to michelles patisserie with their wannabe socialite friends for 'coffee'. lol

Don't worry I get a lot of those too. People hailing me to slow down when I'm going 40kmh... I swear it's the CAI pipe that does it :P

hmm, get this.. we got a letter in the mail box today, unsigned, complaining about the noise of my car and the noise of the blow off valve (they called it the wastegate noise though :P). the letter is about 2/3 of an A4 page as well.. it was addressed to my mother, not personaly to me, but it calls me stupid and reckless. claiming that i have no common sence at all. also saying im having drags with my friends up and down the street (i live on a dead end street btw).  and they are also getting up me about me letting the turbo timer time out (30 seconds max) when i park in the driveway.

ok, well firstly the speed limit in the street is 50Ks like most back streets, and is also barly wide enough to go racing down at the best of times with both cars parked on ether side. not to mention i have no other friends that have fast cars to even think of draging.

secondly, the blowoff valve on my car is standard, it hasnt been modifyed to be louder at all.. standared turbo with the internal wastegate. so what the hell am i ment to do about that? stupid ppl..

its not a started exhaust oviously, and it sounds like the car is reving alot higher then it actualy is.. my dad kept stalling it for that very reason when he had a drive.

as for being reckless and stupid, i do 40ks down my street cause if some1 pulled out ya wouldnt be able to see them in time if ya where doing any faster, and the last thing i want is to run into sumthing and screw my car up that i love so much, or worse still, hit some1.  also our street joins onto the main road where there is a school zone, which yet another reason y i dont do more then 40 anyway.

as for letting my car cool down after ive been driving it.. they want my to stop doing that.. yeh sure ill do that, if they buy me the new parts when they break from not properly looking after my car....

like i mean com'on! i may get to 40ks faster then most on the way home (wouldnt do that when the car is cold in the morning), but that doesnt mean im reckles, stupid and endagering other ppls lives like they are claiming..

they said if i dont suposedly stop draging and doing all that they complained about, then they are going to get the video camera out and start to video me to try and get "evidence" of me doing sumthing rong..  but how am i ment to stop doing sumthing rong, when im not doing it in the first place?

what makes this even piss me off more, is that they didnt even have the guts to sign the letter.. if anything i could at least write a polite letter back explaining a few of these things and tell them that i am also a driver that is concered about kids running out from behind cars and that i do slow down even more then 40 (yes i drive like a granny), and take a big swing around kids or ppl when they are on the edge of the road..

*ranicx exploads with anger and fustration* .. first some1 trys to break into my car, and now this!! i cant believe it!

I wouldn't worry about it too much..they sound like they have too much time on their hands and just want to have a go at you just because it ruined their cup of tea one day ten months ago.

My mate's RX7 is mild ported with 2x3" exhausts and a big BIG (the intake fan is the same size as my fist) turbo and he hasn't had a word said against him.

Coming home at 2:30am and leaving your car running for 30 secs might not seem that bad to you being a Tubo car owner and all that jazz. In fact, you probably loved the day your turbo timer was installed!

But when there is NO other noise around except a quiet (yeah sure, compared to what),deep bassy, exhaust sound (which probably means the whole street can hear it) running for as you put it, 'it's only 30 secs'. It's probably is enough to wake everyone up and would seem more like 5 mins to them.

Wow, how sensitive are people? A car idling for 30 seconds is hardly loud, even with a massive fartcan on the back. Maybe its just because I like on a busy street, but we have people coming and going all hours of the night/morning, and unless they are particularly rowdy, I sleep right through it.

Of course its different if its waking up the next doors toddler or something, but surely most adults can sleep through a car idling 50+ metres away?