SAU Community

Wheel Lock Nuts

vange

Hi all

I cant get my wheel locknuts off...dont have the key, gota recheck with guy i got car from...went 2 bob janes 2day 2 c if they could get them off and no luck, then went to the distributers to see if they have spare keys to fit n still no luck. last resort will b 2 chisel them off but might scratch rims...

not sure what type, but its round on the outside and the inside is a 4 point star thing with a thin groove and bubbly (lol) ill get a pic up here tomm...

can any1 help/know any theives who've had expierence in this? lol

Except by the sounds of it he has the ones with the internal key which are harder to get off.

But as the others have said, the usual way to get them off is to mash a socket onto it and get it off that way. I had to do that on my SS cause it didn't come with the key for the lock nuts when I bought it.

Hi all

I cant get my wheel locknuts off...dont have the key, gota recheck with guy i got car from...went 2 bob janes 2day 2 c if they could get them off and no luck, then went to the distributers to see if they have spare keys to fit n still no luck. last resort will b 2 chisel them off but might scratch rims...

not sure what type, but its round on the outside and the inside is a 4 point star thing with a thin groove and bubbly (lol) ill get a pic up here tomm...

can any1 help/know any theives who've had expierence in this? lol

Show us a pic mate, sounds similar to the BMW wheel lock nuts..

I had the same problem last week, it took ages to get mine off.

What i did was drill straight down the centre of the stud, with a drill piece almost the same size as the stud, then chiselled as much of the lock nut away as possible, then i jacked the car up and pulled and shook on the rim, then eventually it loosened itself.

After spending days and nights on doing this, cutting up my hands and putting minor scratches on the rim trying to work out ways to get the piece of shit off, i was sitting in the car just looking through stuff and yep you guessed it.......The lock nut key was in the centre console the whole time. :) Ah well

oh yeah my lock nut is the same style as yours too.

Edited by CNFUSD

Had the same problem with mine when 1st imported....needed new tyres for blue slip.

Bash job worked ok.

Find the smallest socket that will slide over it and then go the next size down from that.

For me, once i had selected the size, went to Cash Converters and bought the same size socket for 50c and used that one instead of a good one.

Bashed it on as far as it would go, which wasn't very far, then heave ho!

that sucks CNFUSD, all that work 4 nothing....u think urs would fit?

I dont think the chances of mine fitting would be to good, so id say that you would be better off doing what i had to do, or if you can still drive take it to a tyre place, i didnt have that option cos it went flat on a saturday night, so i had to get the thing towed hm.

Good luck