SAU Community

Slimline Ps2 Hdd Mods

Chris32

Im getting a Slimline PS2 for Christmas

I have read you can use USD Extreme and plug a external USB HDD and run games from that

Has anyone tried that with success?

Chris

• 3 weeks later...

You carn't use the memroy exploit on the slims if i remember inark, they patched that up.

Yeah i have a slim and use USB extreme and a external Caddy with a 120gb HDD in it, works fine for games that i don't wanna buy. You'll get slightly slower loading times than DVD, but, like i said, if you don't wanna fork out the $90 for new games all the time, it's fine.

and not all games will work over USB, you'll have to do some research of your own to find out which ones will or wont (yes there are lists out there) cause i carn't remember the address for the site with the lists.

• 4 weeks later...

If you have a V11 slim ps2, you can actually mod it to accept a standard IDE hdd. All you have to do is open it up and solder in an IDE cable onto the motherboard (it already has the pins) there are tons of tutorials on the net and you can actually buy a package (comes with modded case, ide connector and some other stuff)

Or you can just do what i did and buy one of thise big ass ps2's and buy a network adapter.

Then go to ps2hd.com and download the latest hdloader for free :)

• 1 month later...
Guest Mashrock

so what exactly is the deal with this..

i have a slim line ps2 and would like to play overseas games and games i download off the internet.......

can it be done?

and what do i need to buy.