SAU Community

Major Disappointment... Import Drivers

Rezz

just move over and let em pass if ur sitten in the right hand lane. if u are bein tailgated in the left hand lane then u can play with ur brakes !

Its not that hard aye, the traffic would flow a lot smoother if ppl would just move over 4 someone trien to get past

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok, I've been on this site for quite a long time and I've read alot of threads about other drivers - usually Commodore drivers - where they harrass, intimidate and basically act like retards whenever they see a Japanese car with even half an ounce of balls. I feel for these J-car drivers because I've been on the recieving end of that kind of shennaigans myself (having never ever owned a Holden/Ford you'd get that).

ANYWAY, thats not what this threads about. It's about retarded import or Japanese car drivers.

I imported my S13 Silvia and my old R32 Skyline (now TKO Trents) and since I've had the S13 registered, practically every single time I get into that car I've had Pulsar... after 300ZX... after WRX... after Civic etc all try and race/drift/tailgate/200km/h flyby and generally act like retards behind the wheel.... no Skylines yet of course :) luvly lot you SAU ppl are.

My questions are: Why try and race? I WILL LOSE due to forfeiting the race without the enemy driver even trying. What is there to gain by acting like a tool in a bad tastefully modified VEILSIDE (???) Pulsar?  Does my Silvia have a red target sign on it causing the chrome wheel posse to speed up and try and almost crash into the back of it?

I'm pretty disappointed in alot of driver attitudes in Perth after such a long time abroad. I know alot of the guys in question are teenagers just off their P plates... but still, it's freeking annoying.

And thus concludes my rant :)

Mods if this same topic has been posted sometime in the last decade and hence violating Code 11563 subsection B9-788 of the Repeat Threads Act, please feel free to lock the thread and swallow the key.

At least you have no trouble trying to find a race... THey just take one look at me and give up.... Ive got to turn her back into more of a sleeper i think... In the 3 months i have had my car ive had a lot of trouble finding adequate opponents!

At the moment my turbo is bung -- makes it a bit more competitive!

At least you have no trouble trying to find a race... THey just take one look at me and give up.... Ive got to turn her back into more of a sleeper i think... In the 3 months i have had my car ive had a lot of trouble finding adequate opponents!

At the moment my turbo is bung --  makes it a bit more competitive!

But I'm not trying to look for a race... thats the really annoying thing. Public roads aren't there for that kind of thing. I would have no hesitation going down to Kwinana to settle a bet or something though (when my cars finished... just waiting on 'Banga' to do his world famous 1 hour engine swap :) )

Just so you all know - if you're being tailgated and you brake for no reason and that person hits you, you MAY be found at fault and charged.

Also if you tailgate you can be reported to the police by the other driver and possibly charged meaning you are fined/demerit points

Ive been chased up by pol b4 for getting pissed off sitting behind a car overtaking a truck in a 110 zone doing 65 and overtaking in the space at sides of road!!!!! THe guy that i overtook who was overtaking the truck then sped up behind me (110 to 120) after i passed him on the emergency stopping segment of road and started flashing his lights.

The next day i had Mt Barkier police chasing me up trying to get me to admit to overtaking this tool. I dropped into the station and had a word to mr Plod and saw on the bit of paper that they were reading from in fron t of them, a highlighted section that said $178 fine and 3 demerit points.... Put it this way.... i defenitely did not admit (and hence didnt have to add my 2 cents to the government handbag. If i efver see this tool in a red falcon who sped up to me after i overtook him i am going to sit at 45k's (about the speed half the drivers drive in the right hand lane in SA while overtaking trucks) an hour on freeway to Adelaide and not let him pass in any lane or in the emergency stopping area at sides of road!!!!

Ive been chased up by pol b4 for getting pissed off sitting behind a car overtaking a truck in a 110 zone doing 65 and overtaking in the space at sides of road!!!!! THe guy that i overtook who was overtaking the truck then sped up behind me (110 to 120) after i passed him on the emergency stopping segment of road and started flashing his lights.

The next day i had Mt Barkier police chasing me up trying to get me to admit to overtaking this tool. I dropped into the station and had a word to mr Plod and saw on the bit of paper that they were reading from in fron t of them, a highlighted section that said $178 fine and  3 demerit points.... Put it this way.... i defenitely did not admit (and hence didnt have to add my 2 cents to the government handbag. If i efver see this tool in a red falcon who sped up to me after i overtook him i am going to sit at 45k's (about the speed half the drivers drive in the right hand lane in SA while overtaking trucks) an hour on freeway to Adelaide and not let him pass in any lane or in the emergency stopping area at sides of road!!!!

Lol top rant!

if im being tailgated im not gonna change lanes for the tool behind i dont care what lane im in it just pisses me off! tailgating is dangerous whether you think your in the rite or wrong

if someone is going that slow ill flash them and go overtake them and most likely yell some words out the window like 'GO THE SPEED LIMIT YOU F#*K'

and i work looking out on2 a major intersection in south perth and i can tell you 'P' platers in commodores are the main ones that are always tearing up the roads and trying to drag everyone its great fun coz the cops love to sit around the corner and wait for them then i run out front and laugh

"if im being tailgated im not gonna change lanes for the tool behind i dont care what lane im in it just pisses me off! "

well maybe if u change lanes they wont tailgate u anymore!!

dont be a dick on the roads, if someone is trien to get past let em past. the traffic flows a lot smoother if ppl let ppl past.

quite a few times i have been stuck about 20 cars back from some dick doin just under 100km/h in the rite lane, sittin side by side some other tool doin the same speed as him in the left lane, 20 cars back, i'm doin about 80km/h gettin pretty pissed off about the f**k stick up front who dont no how to drive!

if the guy/girl at the front of the pack moved over into the left lane, the traffic in the right lane would flow a lot more free and smoothly ! <_<

nah see i go the speed limit if sum dick wants to race up my ass at 130km he can deal with it coz im not moving for someone going way over the limit and driving like a tool

if thats what you do then i hope you lose your liscense soon

and besides if there is space for me to move over there is space for you to go around wouldnt that be the smart thing to do? youd think

see, i disagree with the above post. If someone chooses to speed, i get out the way and let them. It's not my place to police the roads, that's what the cops are there for (when they're not stickering imports). Hopefully, they will get what is coming to them. I am a strong advocate for get the f**k out the way of faster cars behind, speeding or not, if someone wants to get past, let them. It doesn't affect your drive one bit to let someone else go past. Drive your own drive and do it from the appropriate lane.

Oh and a big shout out to perth drivers utilising freeway south, here's my tip of the day:

the "your speed" sign does not take your photo if you're going 60km/h, not if you're doing 70km/h or even 170km/h. Please don't brake and slow the whole freeway to 35-40km/h. We're all going slow enuf as it is. Cheers.

got the sneaking suspicion that its actually ilegal to pass on the inside dotn quote me on that could be wrong ( normally are) but hell if theres room on the left use it if someones to close jus slow down a lil they normally get the idea

oh and all you agro drivers get a stress ball and put it in your car cause you dont get there any quicker by gettin pissed off

i dont see it as policing the roads

what do you see at as then? if not policing, what possible reason do you use to justify sitting in the right lane holding up traffic?

don't get me wrong, i totally agree with you that tailgating is dangerous and that people shouldn't resort to that when someone is going slower than them in the right lane, but if i were to speed up behind you but maintain a "safe" distance, i'd like to think you'd move over promptly and let me speed away on my merry way.

who are you to sit in the right lane and hold me up? If I choose to speed, that's my decision, not yours.

I'm pretty sure the law states somewhere that if your not overtaking - you gotta stay in the left hand lane.. same with all the road signs saying drive safe - stay left... It just isn't enforced in this country...