SAU Community

Major Disappointment... Import Drivers

Rezz

what do you see at as then? if not policing, what possible reason do you use to justify sitting in the right lane holding up traffic?

don't get me wrong, i totally agree with you that tailgating is dangerous and that people shouldn't resort to that when someone is going slower than them in the right lane, but if i were to speed up behind you but maintain a "safe" distance, i'd like to think you'd move over promptly and let me speed away on my merry way.

who are you to sit in the right lane and hold me up? If I choose to speed, that's my decision, not yours.

i never said i was talking about the right hand lane im talking about tailgating in general id be more inclined not to let someone go past if they are tailgating me just to piss them off

and yes people who drive under the limit should be fined aswell

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The right hand lane thing sucks, last night I had a cop car on my ass out of the tunnel on the way home from work, doing the speed limit of 80. He was a bit further behind, but as soon as it got to the downhill he got behind me. So I moved over 2 lanes, and he went past. Breaking the law then officers?? :P

Limit went to 100, I ended up going past him again, EVERY OTHER TOSSER had slowed down to about 80, I stayed on 100 & changed lanes a few times & got a clear run. The cops would have loved that driving, seeing me not even concerned they were right there & doing everything correctly. :lol:

We both got off at Ocean Reef Rd, but the entire way up the freeway he was in the right hand lane, and there wasn't enough traffic to justify it. Now I have heard of people in imports being in the right hand lane & being fined for it, so that's why I think that sucks.

If someone tailgates me and I'm doing OVER the limit on the freeway it pisses me RIGHT OFF.

Already doing 120km/h and they STILL want to tailgate me.

So I slam on the brakes, come to a screeching hault grab my manbag from my car and go beat the tailgater over the head.

I swear those dickheads never saw my lui vutton coming!

If someone tailgates me and I'm doing OVER the limit on the freeway it pisses me RIGHT OFF.

Already doing 120km/h and they STILL want to tailgate me.

So I slam on the brakes, come to a screeching hault grab my manbag from my car and go beat the tailgater over the head.

I swear those dickheads never saw my lui vutton coming!

its louis vuitton beeyatch

Yeah nothing worse than someone right up your ass when you're doing 10-20% over the limit already.

If anything was to happen you'd both be pretty f**ked.

Been having really good drives to work lately along great eastern high bypass, people just keep getting out of the way and I'm not even speeding :)

These rants are all pretty good, but what about the Mitsubishi/Honda/Toyota Carolla 'lil f**kahz that do pretty dangerous maneuvers just to get your attention?

Example: I was coming up to the roundabout at the High Road - Nicholson Rd T-junction (SoR), dropped it down to 3rd and toched the brakes slightly to enter the - now empty - roundabout. OUT OF NOWHERE (probably just left the BP station) this stupid looking Mitsubishi Mirage almost locks it up behind me entering the roundabout on the inside lane (2 lane roundabout) then darting out to the outside lane to overtake me at least doing 65km/h... WTF??? The Mirage understeered heavily on exit forcing him to brake hard, with me coasting by sticking in my lane of course. I just wish that guy busted his chromies on the curbing... that would've been a good ass-skooling for him I'd say. To make things even more gayer, we have to stop at the traffic lights at the Roe Highway overpass, and the... "gentleman"... wound his window down to blast me with his Gay Dancefloor Anthems 2005 CD... since when was this behaviour considered cool???

Anyway, I previously thought this kind of stuff was limited to VN Commodere drivers but I've been gravely mistaken.

no wonder there is so much road rage, talking about driving really gets alot of people on this site worked up!!!!

RELAX people. If someone is tailgating flick your rear view mirror up or move out of their way, its not worth bothering about!

If you want to play braking or slowing down games YOU run the risk of having a crash or making an impatient driver angrier. I don't want my car dinged, so I don't muck around.

CHILL :nyaanyaa:

Heya,

I only read the first page of this topic, but i got the general jist of it all. It does not matter which car you drive there will be tools amongst the group. In times past I drove the generic commodore, I had the 19" bling and the stereo to boot. Whilst in this car, I would be in the bling bregade, the bogan group and the doof doof bregade and yes I would attempt to race any fool who wanted a go. What is amusing I had this frame of mind when I had my first car, a canary yellow 1980 244DL Volvo. Soon I will be driving an R32 (1 month at most goddammit) being a little older and because of a serious car accident I wont be following the same path as previous cars although Im sure I will be egged on by others.

In my own personal opinion, most people are like this not because of the car they drive, but because of the way they are. Be it because of watching fast and the furious to many times or their mothers and boyfriends say they are cool.

On the other hand, driving my mates GTR two nights ago I blew out the rear tyre. Now in my mates infinant amount of wisdom decided to leave the jack at home. I had to call him at 4am to get him to bring it to me. Whilst waiting 2 hours 4 cars stopped and all were your typical bogan asking if there is anything they can do to help. Mind you they were drunk but you get the jist. During this time numerous silvias, 180s, 200s and the occasional 33 drove pass me and not a single one stopped instead they continued on their way.

We cant blame them for driving lancers and commodores, but we can blame them for being narcisistic wankers.

In terms of tailgating, just ignore them and let them pass you, soon enough karma will come back around.

The thing in general pissing me off recently is "the way" I have seen people changing lanes. The correct way is to indicate, check your blind spot & then move over smoothly. Lately I have seen a lot of cars that seem to "jump" lanes, not take care to get there.

My point is if there is another car there, there will be little to no chance of avoiding an accident. If they were doing it slowly, the other car would either be able to brake or beep their horn. It just seems odd that some people do this, in traffic or not. This pisses me off because 3 times, twice in the skyline, I have almost been taken out entering the tunnel westbound. Where the on ramp & left lane merge, all 3 have come from the on ramp, and just bolted straight across. The first was just enough room to brake in my shitter, the second got way too close for my liking before he realised I was there, and the third about a month ago just about put me into the wall. He came across at a fairly decent angle, and at about 90-95ks at well.

All were avoided because of me, not them.