SAU Community

Jun 2.7l Stroker Build Underway (hks T04z)

StageZilla

Yes power levels generate heat but.....its how long and hard you run them for that increases damage/wear. For run-in it wont be needed...we only ran a cooler on ours recently due to the drag calander running events in Nov. and Dec.

Factor in a cooler later as its easy to intstal because you have the relocator.

Are you running a Nismo thermostat ??

P.S. you thought i was having a go at you with the ohh comment....lol

ahaha yes i did at first ;) stock nissan thermostat at the moment, just worried about heat on the dyno doing power runs and tuning for around 17-18psi (after run in) :)

intercoolers r soo damn pricey and im sick of spending cash on this thing haha, its getting beyond a joke with all the parts needed to run properly :huh:

• Replies 315
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I thought the HKS TO4Z kits vented the wastegate back into the downpipe? Are you changing this? Cheers. If you have time and inclination do you have any pics of the HKS turbo kit, in particular the manifold and downpiping / wastgate piping OFF the car? Thanks and good luck, it looks a well executed project!

I thought the HKS TO4Z kits vented the wastegate back into the downpipe? Are you changing this? Cheers. If you have time and inclination do you have any pics of the HKS turbo kit, in particular the manifold and downpiping / wastgate piping OFF the car? Thanks and good luck, it looks a well executed project!

hey chris, well it isnt a whole hks turbo kit at all, i got the hks t04z by itself, after i already had purchased the trust s/s manifold, and hks 50mm wastegate. also made the wastegate pipe and exhuast at home in 3".

i plan on plumbing in the gate if its too loud but not yet until i see exactly how loud it will be :P

hope that was of some help

cheers

Brad

hey chris, well it isnt a whole hks turbo kit at all, i got the hks t04z by itself, after i already had purchased the trust s/s manifold, and hks 50mm wastegate. also made the wastegate pipe and exhuast at home in 3".

i plan on plumbing in the gate if its too loud but not yet until i see exactly how loud it will be :rofl:

hope that was of some help

cheers

Brad

This is excellent thread, keep up good work

I see now, it's a huge thread, and a great one, I missed about the turbo set up not being a whole HKS package. Thanks for the reply, please find time to further document your eforts, it's great reading, few people here in the UK document such projects, they are more usually dealer built jobs, or the builder doesn't have the time or inclination to post on the subject. Good luck, sounds like completion is near :(

• 2 weeks later...
Brad, any more news on the project? I just started a new project with my car GTR33 VSPEC and already ordered a JUN 2.7 stroker kit. Your thread has helped me to make the right choice :)

hey mate, well i went and booked it in for the run in tune and the earliest the tuner can do it is march 16th. so i just gotta wait now :)

good choice, ill let u know as soon as i get some driving action, and dyno figures how good it is :rolleyes:

ahaha just dreaming bout doin a home build on my GTR.. de ja vu.. how much was the T04Z. r u using a T4 flange manifold?

I had Jun supply the parts for my race engine, it has all of what is in yours plus a few more things (Bigvalves, block, Gt cooling, Head, etc), they recommended a modified N1 block (there is oiling problems on number 6) or GT block, and a harmonic damper if reving over 8,300 RPM

What have you done to the block?, if it is stock it will crack on number 4 water gallery much over 600hp at the engine

Also have you balanced your Jun crank? when ours was delivered we done a full rebalance on all the components and found the crank balance needed to be adjusted

here is engine pic

post-26885-1140733659.jpg

I had Jun supply the parts for my race engine, it has all of what is in yours plus a few more things (Bigvalves, block, Gt cooling, Head, etc), they recommended a modified N1 block (there is oiling problems on number 6) or GT block, and a harmonic damper if reving over 8,300 RPM

What have you done to the block?, if it is stock it will crack on number 4 water gallery much over 600hp at the engine

Also have you balanced your Jun crank? when ours was delivered we done a full rebalance on all the components and found the crank balance needed to be adjusted

here is engine pic

stock block, when it cracks then ill get the n1, and harmonic will soon be the os giken one. the whole engine assembly and crank was balanced and the crank is spot on, and they didnt have to touch it at all.

theres always something not good enough and the money spending never ends so i think when it cracks ill actually change it, rather than assume it will, and im only chasing 500rwhp, and ive seen about 100 gtr's running this power with a stock block. and plenty with 600hp+ on stock blocks, so i think its not a definate problem on all engines.

plenty of motors are making over 600hp with 1/2 the parts i got and i think ive gone major overkill for the power i want, but some think ive gone cheap with the build B)

theres always sceptics, and only time will tell what happen :)

hks t04z was $3400 from nengun about 6 months ago, brand new. plus $280 for the genuine hks v band flange u have to use for the exhaust.

cheers

Brad

man.. im really giving the tear down a good thought over.. was gonna just bolt on T70 and T4 single and 50+mm gate with pump and injectors.. running a Dejetro.. and get myself 450-500ponies.. but a tear down might be a necesary.. looking for a relaible 450+.. more to buy i think :D

here is engine pic

Please tell more about the dry sump system, and if you don't mind sharing plase post pics! Also interested in the cam oil breather return system, I have done something that looks similar, returning oil from a catch tank to the sump via a -8 line with a one way flapper valve.

The cooling system looks quite modified, i take it the 3 hoses into the head water gallery take away any steam pockets to the swirl pot? All looks magnificent. How did you find JUN to deal with? Cheers.

I have to say Paul, that would have to be one of the most comprehensive RB26 builds i've seen. either in aus, or in japan and believe me i've seen a fair few!. Everything looks just right to me.

Just from looking at the pics, it looks to be in a 32? What are you racing it in? drag? circuit? If it's circuit, which class/comp?

I have my engine out at the moment and it looks like I will be fitting a Tomei 2.8l kit.I chose the Tomei purely on the ridiculuos low price I can get it for.

Your thread has been very informative.Great job.

I have my engine out at the moment and it looks like I will be fitting a Tomei 2.8l kit.I chose the Tomei purely on the ridiculuos low price I can get it for.

Your thread has been very informative.Great job.

no worries mate, good luck with the stroker kit, they seem to be getting popular lately :(

$6k for crank/rods/pistons is a bargain. the jun kit is around 10k plus freight and taxes.

keep us informed on these builds too as i like to see what other people are using/doing with their 26's :(

i hope the thread has been informative for most :)

cheers

Brad