SAU Community

Jun 2.7l Stroker Build Underway (hks T04z)

StageZilla

ok heres the car ready to be tuned finally after 8 months of problems and setbacks :P

tuning is this thursday as mentioned, unless something goes wrong in the meantime :) no power figures for atleast 2-3 weeks as it will be getting run in.

couple of pics with everything on, and my old man (the fabricator, hehe) made a turbo heat shield for the exhuast housing for about $10, after finding out the hks ones are $270 and gcg want $180 for a plain one. didnt come up too bad in the end :)

111_1130.jpg

111_1129.jpg

111_1127.jpg

111_1157.jpg

enjoy, finally i get to rest for a while if all goes well :)

• Replies 315
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good luck for thursday, I'm sure all will go well. Just out of curiosity, are you running a surge tank or in tank fuel pump set up?

OK, just read the 1st page. Nice set up, no problems with fuel starvation that's for sure.

Edited by yug_r34

I think that it takes a bit of good old Aussie ingenuity to undertake a project like this. Well done. Hopefully everything hangs together well, and you finally get some fun out of the Stag!

Sometimes i really wonder why you didnt buy a 260RS ?

Then it would have a standard RB26 in it.

And the engine is has now is FAR from standard.

Plus the fun/satisfaction factor

Sometimes it all about the journey, not the destination.

:whistling: cheers :stupid:

Then it would have a standard RB26 in it.

And the engine is has now is FAR from standard.

Plus the fun/satisfaction factor

Sometimes it all about the journey, not the destination.

:whistling: cheers :stupid:

Gary

I just meant, having a 260RS wouldve saved a lot of hassles having to buy an rb26 in the first place. The original unit could have been rebuilt, and there would have been less hassles with changing diffs, gearbox, etc. Even the chassis would be slightly stiffer on the autech.

But then again, the price of the 260RS would be 3-4 times that of the stagea :D

At the end of the day, this is looking great

Gary

I just meant, having a 260RS wouldve saved a lot of hassles having to buy an rb26 in the first place. The original unit could have been rebuilt, and there would have been less hassles with changing diffs, gearbox, etc. Even the chassis would be slightly stiffer on the autech.

But then again, the price of the 260RS would be 3-4 times that of the stagea :whistling:

At the end of the day, this is looking great

Didnt he already have the RB26 from his VL?
Correct.

Lovely, just to say good luck with the mapping and the run in period. my only concern is heat, I'd definitely get a turbo blanket on it, I have had a LOT of heat issues even WITH a blanket and wrapped downpipe on my single Apexi turbo RB25 in a track car, to the extent I really need a new engine loom. The heat, on track, is simply immense, as is the heat retention when stopped. It beggars belief how much radiation there is off the manifold and exhaust housing, wastegate and plumbing.

hey guys thanks for all the support and nice comments :D

firstly i didnt buy a 260rs cause their wasnt any on offer in november 2004 when i actually bought this thing (and have only done 900km in it since :cool: ). series 1's were as good as it gets, and plus as mentioned i had the rb26 from my previous car (VL calais). The vl was a nice car and spotless but all the electrics and interior were crap so i needed a daily ride instead with comfort yet still a sleeper as i was always paranoid about parking the vl at shops/dodgy areas because of thieves and jeleous idiots. i spent 3 years on the vl project with plenty of time spent finding info on the conversion as no one in perth knew what an rb26 even was back then (over 5 years ago now). so i sorted it and managed a dyno figure of 350rwhp on 17psi, only revving to 7200rpm or so to save the motor (unknown condition and unknown km's) and ran a 12.0 at 118mph on its 3rd pass and snapped the tailshaft uni joint and bent a diff arm cause of the 10" slicks getting lotsa traction :D

so i was sick of smashing driveline bits (broke a tailshaft uni on a previous drag meet aswell), so i needed something that wouldnt be a handful on the street and drivable in the wet, which the vl was like a car on ice for traction. so my choices were gtr 32 which was tooo old and dating interior wise, or a stagea, and so the late 96 stagea was a perfect choice, dual sunroofs, full electrics, spotless cond, etc and for 18k i was lovin it :) people dont associate the stageas with skylines because the taillights look different meaning no cop hassles and potential theives think its a done up volvo :) so the stageas rb25 went in the vl and sold it and the 26 went in the stagea :)

so in the end i woulda saved money buying a 260rs str8 up but i did have highflow turbos/autronics, etc in the costs so it was fairly modified. gtr diff has been added after snapping a stagea rear axle in half from a rolling start coming on boost, so lets just see how the rest of the driveline hold up now :

heres a few pics of the vl and the fully detailed engine bay with everything removed pretty much so it looks 100 times better than the stagea bay, plus i filled in all the unused holes and repainted it.

vl26baypic.jpg

topshotvl.jpg

sorry for the long post :P

Looks very very nice

You do make me jealous. Even that vl looks a piece of art, particularly the engine bay :D

Now hurry up and get it tuned !!!! :P

cheers tommyk

swap ya for the r34 gtr anyday :cool: ill keep my motor though :)

this is a better engine bay pic, nice and empty :D

bay2.jpg

Edited by CruiseLiner