SAU Community

Jun 2.7l Stroker Build Underway (hks T04z)

StageZilla

You assembled it with out installing the crank oil gallery plugs and ran it on the dyno?

How did you not see they were out if you cleaned the crank prior to installing it?

How much damage did it do to the rest of the motor and turbo?

Good luck i think your going to need it.

• Replies 315
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i couldnt even see they were missing, but i didnt check the crank as it was untouched by the machinist so i thought paying $9000 for the crank at the time i would get the grub screws with it but i found out the previous owner didnt give em to me. the workshop u all know so well didnt mention they were not in after setting the bottom end for me, and i just bolted it together.

still had oil pressure too which i dont know how. just not enough, and didnt cost me a cent to sort out so who cares, i know every keyboard machanic (in WA especially) is gonna have a dig but when u guys get off your computer and build a motor, rather than bagging people who try, ill listen. look how many goes it took you danny and u had workshops doing it for you, so for a regular person to do it and only have one problem isnt too bad is it.

ill have problems, like blown gearbox and diffs, but we shall see and i think, as im sure these other "god" engine builders u all talk about have had their fair share of issues with motors.

glad i saved a couple of thousand bucks and i actually know how it all goes together etc rather than being the regular WA checkbook racer as most of the built motors are, and not having a clue about it.

nuthin like positive perth people :D

builders u all talk about have had their fair share of issues with motors.

glad i saved a couple of thousand bucks and i actually know how it all goes together etc rather than being the regular WA checkbook racer as most of the built motors are, and not having a clue about it.

hahah checkbook racers, thats GOLD!

Good luck with it cruiseliner, i think you have done an excellent job so far and hope u get teh small details fixed up without to many headaches.

i couldnt even see they were missing, but i didnt check the crank as it was untouched by the machinist so i thought paying $9000 for the crank at the time i would get the grub screws with it but i found out the previous owner didnt give em to me. the workshop u all know so well didnt mention they were not in after setting the bottom end for me, and i just bolted it together.

still had oil pressure too which i dont know how. just not enough, and didnt cost me a cent to sort out so who cares, i know every keyboard machanic (in WA especially) is gonna have a dig but when u guys get off your computer and build a motor, rather than bagging people who try, ill listen. look how many goes it took you danny and u had workshops doing it for you, so for a regular person to do it and only have one problem isnt too bad is it.

nuthin like positive perth people :(

Have tried to stay out of this thread but the one sided bagging that 3 of the better Perth shops are copping from this aggro little boy are starting to piss me off.

Firstly , our only involvement was organising the purchase of the JUN kit at near 1/2 new price and Brad, you picked it up direct from the customer so if anything was left behind then whose fault was it ?

Secondly , we then arranged for the machining and checking of clearances to be done by one of the best guys in the business and was done for no markup.

Thirdly , every mechanic knows that the golden rule is cleanliness and that includes the crank. If you had cleaned it out, you would have known that the grub screws were missing.

Your father rang and informed us of the problem to which we rang and tracked down that neither ourselves or the machinist had the missing plugs and suggested you contact the original supplier to which he thanked us.

This is after you have spent 13 pages trying to say that us and 2 other shops are useless.

You then rung the original supplier ( on his old number I might add) , didn't listen to the message which gave his new number and then proceeded to think it was some sort of conspiracy yet again.

You also owed him some money for the injectors you purchased and I have been informed by them your words were

" If you reckon you are gonna get your money , forget it"

That attitude and your paranoia about some conspiracy against you is some of the reason these "Keyboard warriors" as you call them are all set to line up and shoot you down.

Personally , I don't care whether your engine makes 10hp or 1000hp , it is your constant bagging that is annoying a lot more people than just me or the other 2 guys ( and yes, you know who they are ).

I wish Steve all the best with tuning it and hope that IF it blows up while he is extracting the power due to the severe lack of oil pressure, he doesn't join the ranks of the " useless Perth Workshops".

There are some tough cars built here in WA by all of the shops you have bagged and there are many happy customers as well.

Have you worked out what the common denominator is yet?

I suggest you look in the mirror for the answer.

Ken

Hi Brad,

Glad to hear everything is ok and back together, interesting i got the crank plug cause right on the head Lucky guess i guess hehehe. I hope all runs smooth from here on in. I got to run the big girl at the race circuit monday and everything went beautifully, no dramas (thank god) was only run light boost as it was raining.

What your plans from here tuning/run in etc? and did you manage to get all the run gear up to scratch?

pete

ps the rest of it i'm staying out of have had good help from all mentioned and i think steve will do a fine job on the tune

Edited by pnblight

And what was with your mate brad giving me a hard time about my afr's on my gtr ?? I can post them up here for everyone to see if you like ?? As for this topic. No comment.

Assuming this was chris, seems to offend people easily without really meaning to.. wouldnt take it too seriously .

This thread made a good read, but customer vs. workshops is never going to end well. Keep it going brad, jus without the workshop references!

wtf?

what a crock of shit!

i posted a fair post, didnt slander anyone, expressing genuine thoughts on something i know something about, and it gets wiped out because im guessing someone had a sooky to a certain mod

for shame.

Who is currently deleting posts ?

I am

TJ - shut your trap or ill ban you for good.

Your lucky to still be around here

Kens, quite fair i thought. Post can stay as he came up etc, all you others are not directly involved, no need for it

Go back to where you came and stop trolling for an argument or you'll all get it

I am

TJ - shut your trap or ill ban you for good.

Your lucky to still be around here

Kens post can stay as he came up, all you others, go back to where you came and stop trolling for an argument or you'll all get it

No, this is utter bullshit. You cant delete my posts because it doesnt suit your agenda. Well you can, but it shows how much of an ass clown you are. You have no basis to ban me , ive not broken a rule since this user name came into use. I slandered no shops, I abused no one. I expressed rational and fair thoughts on the subject. This topic is about the build of a high hp stagea in WA, if you think that people from WA dont have an interest and desire to post on this topic then your on crack. As someone who a) knows all parties concerned and b) now works in the media field relating to perth street cars, i along with many others have a genuine reason to add and read along to this topic.

dont stress about the banning, i wont be returning to this section of the forums again. Best stay away as to not stir the anger of sir ash!

Absolutely utterly pathetic.

And you just called me an ass clown... your at it again, good backup to the fact that you never learn.

I have no agenda. A good thread was yet again going down the plug so i blanket removed just about any post.

Some could well have been in the cross-fire.

Some probably half reasonable.

But tolerance for this WA crap is on the low so you runied it for yourselves

And you just called me an ass clown... your at it again, good backup to the fact that you never learn.

I have no agenda. A good thread was yet again going down the plug so i blanket removed just about any post.

Some could well have been in the cross-fire.

Some probably half reasonable.

But tolerance for this WA crap is on the low so you runied it for yourselves

Ash, by your own admission, you just blanket deleted any post on the topic.

With all due respect, and lets put our obvious bias aside for one moment if thats at all possible...

Did you even read my post? Or did you simply see the name tj in a post relating to someone your fond of and assume the worst? If i had a copy of it id show it to you. My post was not im any way negative towards anyone or anything. It offered advice, and expressed sympathy at whats happened.

If you read it id like a real reason why it was modded. Look beyond my user name for just one moment before you assume this post if trolling for an argument as you wished to call it. Id seriously like a genuine reason for the moderation of my post. Several posts on here where not needed. Mine wasnt one of them. Had I gotten on here and posted some straight out utter stupid bullshit ie "wolf wolf wolf" id allow this without issue. This wasnt the case though

You may pm me if you wish to get this argument off the open forum, but as a moderator I do expect a formal reply.

Edited by [teejay]

i missed 3/4 of the posts as they are all deleted, so i dont know whats been said or what, but i know for a fact im not posting about my engine/car/power/etc again, cause it turns to shit.

i cant say the real stuff behind the issues with workshops as i'll just end up getting banned because people dont like hearing the truth.

when have i lied about the problems with the workshops? does a 3 week timeframe that ends up 12 weeks seem pretty decent to you? and then next shop says 2 weeks and ends up another 12 weeks. tuner says 15 min job but leaved the car in the workshop for 5 days? and the worst part is every week i'd ring these shops they would say yep this week for sure.. blah blah.. and in the end i picked up the parts unfinished as it was gonna drag out over the xmas holidays even.

i think im just unreasonable and expect someone to finish something close to when they said, but 24 weeks for machining is pretty poor. thats almost 6 months, would you be happy if u got your job done 6 months after it was started when it was supposed to be a 5 week job?

oh and i didnt owe him any money at all ken so get ya facts straight before u dribble. i had nuthin to do with it as it was between my mate and the seller. i paid every cent of the money for the gear i bought, and the agreement was he would ring me when he found the grub screws and he didnt 2 days later so i called back and hung up before the answering machine so i didnt hear no other number and he rang me back 5 min later previously when i used that original number so obviously it was still in use :)

enough said

Edited by CruiseLiner

So, do you think that statement is still true now?..

its easy yes, if i got the oil grub screws with it i woulds seen em but even with them installed now u cant see they are their and the holes are 20mm deep and the crank is totally black so even harder to see.

i know more than i ever have now so all in all a good learning experience.

Enough is enough. I've edited some posts aswell now.

Anymore dribble or anything remotely close to a dig at someone and say goodbye to your account.

Anymore "hinting" at workshops, subtle cracks anything. Is not going to be tolerated.

This is yet another formal warning to keep it on topic.

If you feel the need, send whoever it is a Private Message if you need to discuss off topic rubbish.

I cant for the life of me workout why its always the WA car related threads but its stopping as of now.

cheers

Enough is enough. I've edited some posts aswell now.

Anymore dribble or anything remotely close to a dig at someone and say goodbye to your account.

Anymore "hinting" at workshops, subtle cracks anything. Is not going to be tolerated.

This is yet another formal warning to keep it on topic.

If you feel the need, send whoever it is a Private Message if you need to discuss off topic rubbish.

I cant for the life of me workout why its always the WA car related threads but its stopping as of now.

cheers

Moderating and deleting a half dozen posts is going too far. a simply warning would have gotten things back on track.

Is this a nanny forum?

btw I can quote some unreasonable posts from you ash that go further than many of these that you havent 'moderated'