SAU Community

Compression Test Rb26

jtur32

as long as the pressures are even accross all cyls you should be right... i've seen them around 140psi give or take 20...

healthy oil pressure would be between 3-4, but it will move depending on revs etc..

You'd be better of telling us what you think is wrong, what your symptoms are if you have something wrong.

as long as the pressures are even accross all cyls you should be right... i've seen them around 140psi give or take 20...

healthy oil pressure would be between 3-4, but it will move depending on revs etc..

You'd be better of telling us what you think is wrong, what your symptoms are if you have something wrong.

i dont think anything is wrong i just bought it did a compression test no1-150psi no2-155 psi no3-155psi no4-155psi no5 155psi no6-155psi i put a couple of drips of oil in the cylinder no1 and it went up 5psi is that bad? it is meant to have slightly bigger cams in it oil pressure is about 2 at 1000rpm and goes up to 4 at about 3500rpm-4000rpm :D

i dont think anything is wrong i just bought it did a compression test no1-150psi no2-155 psi no3-155psi no4-155psi no5 155psi no6-155psi i put a couple of drips of oil in the cylinder no1 and it went up 5psi is that bad? it is meant to have slightly bigger cams in it oil pressure is about 2 at 1000rpm and goes up to 4 at about 3500rpm-4000rpm :D

This is normal. But did you do the compression test with the engine warm and WOT.

"thanks if it has slightly bigger cams do the readings so lower psi"

Usually no by much at all. As long as you do the test with WOT and a warm engine.

I usually take all of the plugs out when I do the test.