SAU Community

Oil Pump

arbess

simple answer F*CKIN HARD

i dont agree with engine out would make it sh*t loads easier though just seems like an AWFUL lot of work to take out the engine just for oil filter change

it is possible to change without removing engine but it is a absolute bitch!!! i changed mine with the engine in BUT i did have the plenum off at the time and it was still a mongrel

i recommend get a oil filter relocation kit ASAP

RellikZephyr

simple answer  F*CKIN HARD

i dont agree with engine out    would make it sh*t loads easier though  just seems like an AWFUL lot of work to take out the engine  just for oil filter change

it is possible to change without removing engine  but it is a absolute bitch!!!  i changed mine  with the engine in  BUT  i did have the plenum off at the time  and it was still a mongrel

i recommend get a oil filter relocation kit ASAP

RellikZephyr

are you kidding mate? changing the oil filter is not hard at all. you read wrong mate, wrxhoon was talking about the oil pump

you seriously think you have to remove the plenum, or engine to change the oil filter?? hehehe

yes there are easier cars out there, but it's not a plenum off or engine out job by any means. god damn that's funny.

are you kidding mate? changing the oil filter is not hard at all. you read wrong mate, wrxhoon was talking about the oil pump

you seriously think you have to remove the plenum, or engine to change the oil filter?? hehehe

yes there are easier cars out there, but it's not a plenum off or engine out job by any means. god damn that's funny.

You tell him Richard , they are not that bad to work on , i dont even spill the oil when i change the oil filter ( with engine in place i may add) .

The oil pump is doable on the car as well but by the time you stuff around and take the xmember off , its just as easy to pull the donk out . Then again why would you want to change the oil pump ? If its because it failed what makes you think the donk is still ok ? In my view a failed oil pump means engine out and full rebuild job .

ahh Oil PUMP sorry my bad

but you think changing oil filter is easy??

i took my plenum off for different reason and changed oil filter while i was there

no i dont think filter is a engine out or plenum off job thats why i thought it was strange and a bit extreme

well i feel like a bit of a idiot now :)

ok im gonna go hide for like a week and not post and hope you all forget what i said

RellikZephyr

I love customer diagnosed complaints. Guy rings me last week and says...'My diff filler plug is missing, can I bring it in to have it replaced?' I tell him sure thing. He get's in, driving a barina. Tells me that the diff in the back has it's filler plug missing. I assure him that they don't have a diff in the back coz it's a front wheel drive. He proceeds to crouch down and point at the lump in the floor pan with a threaded hole in the base (jacking point).

When you have a problem, ask what it could be and explain the symptoms. It is easier to get the correct response that way.

I love customer diagnosed complaints. Guy rings me last week and says...'My diff filler plug is missing, can I bring it in to have it replaced?' I tell him sure thing. He get's in, driving a barina. Tells me that the diff in the back has it's filler plug missing. I assure him that they don't have a diff in the back coz it's a front wheel drive. He proceeds to crouch down and point at the lump in the floor pan with a threaded hole in the base (jacking point).

When you have a problem, ask what it could be and explain the symptoms. It is easier to get the correct response that way.

No offence mate, sometimes a salesman or a mechanic, WITHOUT looking at the problem, think they have a fair idea about whats wrong. In which in this case I was confidently told that it could be the oil pump. And hence, I have posted what could be the problem and so far I have recieve excellent feedback to question.

There is your customer diagnosis.

More over I wanted to direct the question in a way so that the community can visualise the problem without having to ask more questions about where the problem lies. Some may call it logical progression.

BTW. thats pretty funny story about the barina.

-Arbess