SAU Community

Decent Radiator Places In Adelaide

DC_GTST

Hey there fellas.

Well i've just realised that i have a small leak in the radiator core :) and am wondering where is the best place(s) to go for either a second hand radiator or new one if need be in Adelaide? ive looked at some of the typical japanese dismantlers but couldn't find any prices.

At the same time am wondering is there a better form of radiator (aluminium or the likes) available for a R32 gts-t (which i should have pointed out in the first place..my bad). Any help will be much appreciated..and if possible can i get a round figure of what i am looking at for either a second hand or new radiator for a 1992 R32 gts-t (thermo fan, not engine driven).

Thanks

Dan

hey dude,

mine radiator started leaking on the weekend.

i rang 10 places, they all said the same price for a r33 gtst manual 97 copper core radiator $330, for just the radiator (copper core u can repair, ie weld, the old types, aluminium cant touch them).

Instalation is about $120, but im doing it myself. its prety easy to take out, just have to take off 4 scerws, 2 pipes, and then becarfull not 2 get the coolant on u, then slide the radiator out. then when u get the new 1, flush the engine with water put in the new 1 and fill it up with 90+ coolant.

i rang nissan and they gave me a stupid price for an original nissan radiator for $850 lol also rang some jap places n they had 2nd hand ones for about $250, so no point getting 2nd hand.

give Holden Hill Radiator Repairs (08 8261 6173) a call n get a price for one from there, they can install as well, i just picked mine up 10 min ago lol.

Cheers guys. Im looking around on the net and using your advice when im not working from 6am-5pm. Thanks again. I will check some of those places out and see what i get. Will also post up the costs i get quoted for the sake of it.

Take it easy

Dan

i rang nissan and they gave me a stupid price for an original nissan radiator for $850 lol also rang some jap places n they had 2nd hand ones for about $250, so no point getting 2nd hand.

give Holden Hill Radiator Repairs (08 8261 6173) a call n get a price for one from there, they can install as well, i just picked mine up 10 min ago lol.

SHITE.... :angry: That price from nissan is a little over the top. Cheers again.

i installed my myself last nite with the help of my dad who actually knew what he was doing, hot tip, dont do it urself, 2 much hassle lol, u got like all these things 2 undo in the most annoying places, then u gota flush the system with water n hope it all drains out, then once u put it bk together gota make sure its not leaking, etc etc and then filling it up takes another 10 yrs cos its gona pump coolant around n u duno if its full or not hahaha

i installed my myself last nite with the help of my dad who actually knew what he was doing, hot tip, dont do it urself, 2 much hassle lol, u got like all these things 2 undo in the most annoying places, then u gota flush the system with water n hope it all drains out, then once u put it bk together gota make sure its not leaking, etc etc and then filling it up takes another 10 yrs cos its gona pump coolant around n u duno if its full or not hahaha

Cheers Vange. I decided to go with Natrad which is a little expensive but my bro knew someone there so i got it (getting it) installed for about $350 with new radiator. However they qouted me mum when she rang $650, and then me $500.

Anyways..cheers again, and i should be able to meet you at the Red Emblem skyline cruise radiator permitting

Cheers

Dan

Cheers fella's for all this. As previously posted there was a fair difference in what they wanted for both new radiator and install (with radiator coolent, flushing etc etc) between my mum ringing and myself was quite different. Then again i went straight into the detail and knowing what was wrong basically defining what was required.

I did also contact via email some custom place on their prices for an aluminium tank but no reply <_< .

Thanks again

Dan

yeh u gota ring around n ask 4 a better price nowadays cos ppl charge whatever they want n say all these things they r gona do which means nothing 2 u lol....350 is alrite installed...c u on the cruise ;)

If you haven't already got one try South side Radiators out at Wingfield. Delt with them alot mainly with big industrial or truck radiators. Never had any hassle's with them and they always seem to be cheaper.

Big thanks to all you guys for the help :)

I'm getting it replaced friday morning. Costing a fair amount but coming with warranty and all else im pretty happy, and its new so that is a good thing for the coming summer. If there are any issues on the cruise sat night, will not be happy chappy.

Catchya

Dan :O

So what did you go with?

A replacement aluminium core or some custom copper thing?

I have heard roumers that one of the leopards or cima VH41/VH45 things what ever they are are run a 3core aluminium core that fits in the R32's. No doubt R33 also.

I would always go aluminium over copper, who cares if one can be welded and the other not. Its not like a bran new R31 2 core aluminium rad is expensive at ~$280 or there abouts.

From memory copper is better at removing heat from the water BUT aluminium is better at transfering heat in the fins to the air.

I did a little google but none the less..

"Does an aluminum radiator cool better than a copper brass radiator?

An aluminum radiator does cool better than a copper brass radiator. For example, an aluminum radiator with 2 rows of 1" tubes is equivalent to a copper brass radiator with 5 rows of 1/2" tubes. Aluminum provides high efficiency, is lightweight, and has a longer life compared to copper brass."

Edited by Cubes

I went with a new aluminium one from Natrad in the city. Cost about $500 om total including flush, checks, and the radiator itself...oh..and installed :D.

They did initially ring me and say it was going to cost alot more, but i told them not to touch the thermo like they wanted to - i.e. re-arrange it all.

The radiator itself (aluminium) cost $445.75. THe added costs were mainly (besides labor) were thermo clamps to hold the thermo off the new radiator..where as the previous one i had was held on by cable ties from whoever installed it in the first place <_<

So far have not had the temp go over half since the install. Where the previous one sat on half majority of the time. BTW..it barely reached half temp with the current radiator with some hard driving...and having the 3 year warranty aswell pretty happy with the overall package :O

The checks included all the hoses, flushing the system, making sure the thermostat works along with the relay. Not completely sure what the term bleeding for air means :blink:

my aluminium core radiator cost $330...it hasnt gon over half on the temp gauge either since i installed it...:blink:

bleeding makes sure the coolant is all in it with out any air bubbles...