Im Buying A Stagea S2 Manual

EGA41T

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

yes i am aware that the exhaust suspension and wheels need to be changed over for compliance but i will get the workshop to put it all back on once complied, and i have allowed for this extra cost in my budget.

the stagea will be imported to QLD then once complied it will be transported to my place (Western Sydney)

so are there many other stagea owners around sydney? and are any of them involved in the SAU NSW car club? as i am interested in joining once i have gotten my car.

I'm in Western Sydney too (not too far from Parra), I'm an SAU club member, and I'm a Stagea owner.

I was at the SAU Show and Shine back in July this year, joined the club on that day, and saw two Stagea's at the show - one owned by the club president and forum owner "PranK," and the other was for sale - and just had a feeling that I would be the next owner of the one for sale, even though I was still saving. Lucky for me the (previous) owner still had the car when I'd managed to scrape enough coins together!

I finally got my car payment sent today,

But only after getting SCREWED around by my bank. I was given a loan approval, but when i took my loan papers into the bank to hand them in, only to be told that they could not process my loan as they do not provide loans for vehicles that do not currently reside in Australia. But i had given them every square inch of detail about the purpose of the loan when i applied for it over the phone!!!

They only decided to grant the loan after two days of sending me nuts when i told them that i would lose my $1000 paid to J-Spec if i did not come up with the funds, and that i only went ahead with the payment because the bank had assured me on the approval of my loan.

...Anyways after two stressful days it is all done now and i can finally stop worrying, and get back to eagerly awaitng the arrival of my Stagea.

damn, makes me not want to get a loan for my next stagea, that sounds like a lot of hassle i could do without.

you shall enjoy it though even more so now, and drive to the bank and laugh at them, hahahaha... oh wait they own the car hey

Well most of it was my fault  I didnt have the correct papers with me at the time. The actual recept for purchase was the real killer...

did prestige not give you a copy of the receipt? or did you just misplace it?

I went through J Spec :P They did send me one, which I thought I had kept in my folder with ever other recipt under the sun...But must have gotten lost along the way. No worries though, we rang J Spec and they kindly faxed it through to the RTA for us :P

that company is not in australia, i would suggest going with a company in australia so that they can organise for you all of the compliance and other australia based issues. but thats just my opinion

I know a few people who have used 'MyTrading' and none of them have had a problem, so you probably should add them to the list you are considering.

Ian

Edited by ian

agreed. Dont take chances you dont have to, go with J Spec :)

Mark Hocking is an Australian living in Japan who buys car for various dealers, brokers and personal importers.

If you read HPI or have watched Hard Tuned Imports III you would read about cars from his area or seen him.

A lot of people off the forum have dealt direct and have had nothing but praise.