SAU Community

Jms R33

R33 Impul

• 3 weeks later...

I agree, it might have just over 300kw@wheels... but it isnt worth $45k. You could buy a r33 and build it for less. My 1994 r33 cost me $17400, I've got nearly 200kw@wheels and have probably spent about $4k on engine mods if that, for another $10-$15k I reckon I could get near on 300kw@wheels. So thats $37k all up, either way a GTR would be about the same money and still beat it in stock form down the 1/4 :(

Originally posted by rob77

I agree, it might have just over 300kw@wheels... but it isnt worth $45k. You could buy a r33 and build it for less. My 1994 r33 cost me $17400, I've got nearly 200kw@wheels and have probably spent about $4k on engine mods if that, for another $10-$15k I reckon I could get near on 300kw@wheels. So thats $37k all up, either way a GTR would be about the same money and still beat it in stock form down the 1/4 :D

However check out the mags carbon fibre bonnet, interior, body work... that thing has GTR body (by body i don't mean spoilers, i mean flares and guards) kit.. anoyone know where you can get a cheap GTR flare/guard kit? would be worth a bit? spoke to Jash about it and seemed quite expensive :-(

Originally posted by rob77

I agree, it might have just over 300kw@wheels... but it isnt worth $45k. You could buy a r33 and build it for less. My 1994 r33 cost me $17400, I've got nearly 200kw@wheels and have probably spent about $4k on engine mods if that, for another $10-$15k I reckon I could get near on 300kw@wheels. So thats $37k all up, either way a GTR would be about the same money and still beat it in stock form down the 1/4 :D

Dude, the car has a 10k turbo kit on it - think you might have trouble.

that guy has spent WELL over $44,000 on the car. i dont think you can make outrageous claims like that.

maybe youd have 300kw at the wheels but youd be rollin around in 15" wheels, stock bodykitted piece of crap. that car's panel work would be very expensive, wheels, suspension etc etc for under $44,000 inc the initial price of the car? your dreaming

As others have said, your boonga R33 might get the power for that amount of coin but no way in hell are you going to look as good.... theres atleast $10k worth of cosmetics on that car, not to mention suspension and all that jazz.

That sort of car goes straight to the pool room.

JK

The car has had a very hard life too.

I mean denzo has been driving it!

$45k is expensive, for a time bomb.

I can get hold of a few better cars in japan that have had just as hard a life for less. More power, more $$ worth of parts and much better looking.

Check my avitar -- landed and complied (hurry you only have days left) it would be under $30k. 800PS at the tyres, OS giken diff, gear box, Ogura 4plater , mega buck RB26 blah blah blah...

An R33 GTST is always an R33 GTST, thats what is says on the comp. plate. And that is all the market cares about.

If you modify a car thinking you can make a profit on its sale then you are insane. Just ask Ford or Holden (they don't sell enough to cover costs).

If you expect to recover even 1/2 of what you spent you are either ignorant or a used car salesperson.

That said it's a nice car. Good luck to them trying to sell it for $45k they will need it.