SAU Community

R32 Gtr Compliance

I've just imported a R32 GTR though a dealer in Melbourne. Its a 93 model and needs to be complianced before it can be driven. The dealer i'm getting it from doesn't have the compliance plates and is using my car as the test car. However, due to Christmas and everything, the government inspections are on holidays and can not look at the car will the end of Jan so i won't be getting the car till feb. :)

Is there another way of getting the car on the road qujicker? i can't wait :)

I don't want to burst your bubble but i am a complier and from when our R32 test car arrived until we had it passed and ready to rego was 5 months.....don't expect to see your car on the road before the end of March and most likey April.

The proceedure goes something like this

Sample car arrives Day 1

prepare evidence and comply car and submit to DOTARS 2weeks (if you are good)

DOTARS schedule inspection of vehicle in 6 weeks at best and up to 2 or 3 months

At inspection Items are raised that the complier must reply to and resubmit to DOTARS another 2 weeks.

DOTARS assess and approve vehicle for compliance another 2 to 6 weeks

We allow 6 months to get each new modle on our system

Any complier who would encourage a customer to purchase a sample car and tell them that they would have it on the road under under six months from purchase in Japan is being down right irresponsible.