SAU Community

More Power From My Lawn Mower

SECURITY

ok.. i know this might not be the best place to post this.. but............

ive got one of them victa tornado mowers and when i mow my lawn i do so every few weeks (read: months) so my lawn gets pretty bad.

sometimes my little victa cant handle it and turns off, then ive got to turn it back on and do the old "back and forth, lift" so it doesnt turn off.

anyways i was wondering if i could put 98 octane unleaded into it with maybe 1.25 bottles of the 2 stroke oil to give it more power.

would that work? what other things could i do?

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Dude , you are not serious , are you ? You ask silly questions you get silly answers.

How is puting 1.25 lt of oil going to give you more power ? How is 98 octane going to give you more power? Its a 2 stroke with a 6 to 1 compression .

Dude... change the spark-plug on it too... sounds like something is overheating and dying on you. But like cars I guess, opening the exhaust, giving it more fresh air, and making sure the spark is right can only help.

98 octane fuel just means it won't pre-detonate under high compression, but a mowers compression probably won't go anywhere near that anyway. If you wanna use it to make your own 2-stroke fuel, go ahead =-]

maybe you should look at your approach.

the lower the mower rides the more work it has to do as the blades are closer to the grass. try setting it to the maximum ride height. this will help do a quick pass to trip the top layer off and it will be less resistance on the blades (like a bigger dump pipe on your gtst). also empty the catcher more often, more grass in the catcher means it bogs up the outlet more (like a non turbelance dump pipe) and this cause more "resistance", so empty as often as possible.

if you are really desperate you could skip the grass catcher completely and wire open the flap door for it, this will allow for minimum resistance and let the grass clear straight away (like a dyno run with the dump/front pipe unbolted)

maybe you should look at your approach.

the lower the mower rides the more work it has to do as the blades are closer to the grass. try setting it to the maximum ride height. this will help do a quick pass to trip the top layer off and it will be less resistance on the blades (like a bigger dump pipe on your gtst). also empty the catcher more often, more grass in the catcher means it bogs up the outlet more (like a non turbelance dump pipe) and this cause more "resistance", so empty as often as possible.

if you are really desperate you could skip the grass catcher completely and wire open the flap door for it, this will allow for minimum resistance and let the grass clear straight away (like a dyno run with the dump/front pipe unbolted)

come on dude, im no dummy.

i know the lawn mower is lacking power, so im just looking at my options in terms of increasing it.

thanks RANDY, helpful info mate.

Wind out the rpm needle and rev the crap out of it. Take off the air filter. Lean it out some more, but more than likely change the plug.

Or you could sit it there on the spot winding up the revs before you go over a thicker patch :D