SAU Community

More Power From My Lawn Mower

SECURITY

I hope that wasn't directed at me .

I think we can all see who the idiot is . You want to put 1.25 lt of oil in the mower tank , how much do you think the tank holds? Why do you think you mix oil with petrol in a 2 stroke engine ?

the purpose of this thread was to expand my knowledge. obviously i wouldnt post if i had a clue you idiot.

if you go insulting everyone who has a problem then you've got to be the biggest f**king cock smoker on this forum.

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

the purpose of this thread was to expand my knowledge. obviously i wouldnt post if i had a clue you idiot.

if you go insulting everyone who has a problem then you've got to be the biggest f**king cock smoker on this forum.

I rest my case , if you are going to insult people on here nobody is going to tell you anything . If you want to learn anything, stop the insults, shut up and listen .

If you keep this up all you are going to get is smart ass comments like you have been geting, its your call .

By the way , a power f/c will go good on the Victa , maybe a ebc , what about bigger injectors and while you are at it some poncams!!!!

wrxhoon, i would think poncams wont be good enough in this application. what he needs is some beefy top end. i don't think he's worried about the response as it's not a daily mower. weekend use only. I would go for some high lift procams to really fatten it up high in the rev range (about 800rpm).

secur1ty, don't get worked up mate, it's a pretty strange question to ask in general maintenance. if you had it in the wasteland you may get some more helpfull responses.

secur1ty, don't get worked up mate, it's a pretty strange question to ask in general maintenance. if you had it in the wasteland you may get some more helpfull responses.

i just figured i'd get a better response from a section for giving mechanical advice.

and it is pretty general isnt it?

i'd have to keep spraying it though wouldnt i?

plus my old man's a developer, he owns land and houses which go for a while without being maintained so i'd want something that will give me a power increase to get through a whole yard (approx 700m2 average).

I rest my case , if you are going to insult people on here nobody is going to tell you anything . If you want  to learn anything, stop the insults, shut up and listen .

If you keep this up all you are going to get is smart ass comments like you have been geting, its your call .

By the way , a power f/c will go good on the Victa , maybe a ebc , what about bigger injectors and while you are at it some poncams!!!!

that my friend has got to be the sadest response i have ever heard!!!!!! <_<

i'd have to keep spraying it though wouldnt i?

plus my old man's a developer, he owns land and houses which go for a while without being maintained so i'd want something that will give me a power increase to get through a whole yard (approx 700m2 average).

Now for my advice..... i suggest investing in a better and stronger lawn mower... maybe a ride on mower, since you have a lot of grass to cut, something with some balls.

ok i will give you some real advice. i am applying what i did to my pocket bike which has a edge cutter motor on it. (note: i dont take any resposiblity if your lawn mower blows up etc etc).

run a pocket bike pod filter which are about $30-50. then take the exhuast off it(if you can blows a lot of oil). now as for petrol i ran 98oct with a bottle of octane booster in 5 litres of petrol. now if your game you can run the oil a little leaner so it can rev a bit more. i did these on my pocket bike and it can rip massive burnouts for its size and it can get up to 75km/h to 80km/h. so apply at your own risk. and my bike has been running like this for about 5-6 months now.

apply at own risk.

mr 32

Just buy a new mower.

Second hand or whatever.But go bigger!

They have second hand ones for sale at the local mower shops for sure.

Or buy one of those turbo xs thingys that they put on N/A cars for an extra 20hp.Thatd be stage3 for the little mower.

HAhahaha.

On another note ''security'',ive seen you drive past Glenfield station a couple of times.

Nice car.

come on dude, im no dummy.

i know the lawn mower is lacking power, so im just looking at my options in terms of increasing it.

thanks RANDY, helpful info mate.

No probs, come to think of it... new spark plug definately, and then get some carby cleaner and give it a good blasting while covering up the vitals. You could have lots of dirt and grass caught in the intake. It works much like a carby, and like someone else pointed out, you may have a mixture and/or rpm needle which you'll need to get a flat-head screwdriver onto.

If it's really old and done the hard yards without maintenance, then the piston and ring could be nuked... in which case it's easier to buy another mower.

If you're feeling game, take half the day off and strip down the motor. Just unscrew and unbolt everything (noting where they came from) and clean the sucker right out. I'll bet the cylinder is pretty yukky, and i'm sure the intake is going to be clogged.

seriously mate if you come on here asking a bunch of hoons how to make a petrol burning machine go harder you've got to expect some humour. have you done a google search on this topic? tried sharpening the blades so it cuts through the grass with less resistance?

On another note ''security'',ive seen you drive past Glenfield station a couple of times.

Nice car.

thanks mate, my old man own a lot of town houses near there that i used to work on alot while they were building.

buying a new mower isnt an option. its pretty new but i just think it needs a service or i might need to play with the exhaust.

might just chuck on some webber carbies :blink:

Edited by SECUR1TY