SAU Community

105 Km/h Speed Chime

QUIKBLADE

How It Dies?  

23 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Just if anyone knows where to disconnect/cut the wire/destroy this little "dinging bastard", could you point me in the right direction. My sanity will be most appriciative...

Have used search, typing "speed chime" and everything relating to the word "speed" comes up, so, didn't really get far...

Thanks.

Edited by QUIKBLADE

Just new on here... but what i did (kinda hard to explain) was if you take the gauge cluster out:

speedding9iq.jpg

The yellow circle and the green arrow are to help you get your bearings:

Green arrow = up

Yellow circle = the bulbs for PRND21

Not in the PINK circle is the ribbon type bit you wanna take out or put a slit in. It has 4 "wires" (dont know exactly what to call the ribbon type wire setup lol) one says 100k, 2 grounds im guessing and one says 10k.

So if you chop this it should work... ive done this to mine but the only catch is that i cant test if it works properly yet, as my speedo doesnt work cos the speedo drive in my manual box is an electronic sendout, as supposed to cable. I see this working, but conformation on this would be appreciated!!!

Sorry i cant be more help, but hope this does help in some way!

Edited by _Jake

this has been covered a few times ...there is a small black box under the dash down neer ur left knee below the steering wheel. there are two boxes ....so just disconnet one cant remeber which but just pull the plug out.

you should beable to find it by searching

Somestole CC (aka Tom) & I happened to do this removal whoha and take some happy snaps......simply under dash (about where the red arrow is) look for a little box like the one in the pick and unplug the bas&*rd of a thing!!

post-263-1134979323.jpg

post-263-1134979360.jpg

post-263-1134979457.jpg

Excuse the fugly mug shot! <_<

Cheers,

Ando

Somestole CC (aka Tom) & I happened to do this removal whoha and take some happy snaps......simply under dash (about where the red arrow is) look for a little box like the one in the pick and unplug the bas&*rd of a thing!!

post-263-1134979323.jpg

post-263-1134979360.jpg

post-263-1134979457.jpg

Excuse the fugly mug shot!  <_<

Cheers,

Ando

thanks... the morning can't come quick enough for me to detach that damn thing.... Guess my next question would be: WTF is the point of a chime at 105?!! :blink:

i found a cure for mine... just get an extremely loud exhaust... :blink:

My exaust (86db at idle) my diff, louder than that, my stereo, and my window down can NOT get rid of that sound. I doubt death its self could get rid of that sound. Even when we got rid of the thing I could still here it for a week after everytime I hit 105kmh.

But yeah, its the left knee thing. Make sure its the right one (the other will effect your alarm, door lights, left head lights on sound etc). When you have it, KILL THAT BARSTARD THING!!! THROW IT, JUMP ON IT, SHOOT IT!!! Yell BEEP BEEEEEP at it.

You WILL feel better.

No worries dude!

CC- Mate half my fault as well. Was supposed to burn all the piccies onto a CD for ya....OOPPS

P.S. Voted for smash the little fcuker to pieces.....there is just something so liberating about taking hammer in hand and destroying an object to obliteration!!!!! :D

Ando

HEHE,

I chose burn in hell :)

Funny, i didnt even know Ceff's had that stupid chime noise at 105km/hr, mine must have been removed by a previous owner in Japan.

Still dam annoying, my G/F's toyota soarer starts chimeing at 105km/hr, pisses me off something chronic

My post up the top? about taking the gauge cluster out? Is it not showing?

yeh but that is way hard. Pull out the cluster and then play with the circuits...

or you could just cut out the chimer, i know which one I would choose.

all in all your idea is more thorough but sucks the african jungle poll B)

I say Smash it to pieces and then burn it!

I'm pulling that sucker out tomorrow morning. I'm driving for 4 hrs from Melbourne to Mt Beauty on Monday and the speed limit is 110 most of the way!

Thanks for the tips!