SAU Community

Applying Decals

thirty four

i recently purchased some decals for my car (the same as the ones in the attached image) and they have just arrived, seeing they cost close to $200 inc shipping the last thing i want to do is bugger them up, basically just asking if anyone has applied these kind of size decals to their car before or knows of anyone/company in adelaide who could help me with it, they did come with instructions but am not too sure about attempting it myself (worried about leaving air bubbles etc) thanks guys!

post-24902-1135037459.jpg

I've done this before, you just have to do it really slowly. Make sure you paint is perfectly clean and dry, take off the backing sheet, lay a small corner piece on and then apply using something with a nice flat surface, like a credit card etc. Make sure you push the air out as you go, and the end there may be a couple of tiny air holes, get a pin and gently pop them, then slowly peel the top sheet off, again using the cridt card or what ever as you go, and presto it's on. Also a good move to rub over the decal with the card prior to fitment so it's stick properly to the top layer of paper, otherwise parts can end up staying on the bottom piece and totally f**king it up.

Best of luck mate

sounds quite expensive for 400R/nismo style decals. but like mxtcy has suggested, take it real slow. patience is the key, in my opinion there is no need to take it to someone else to do it as its just going to cost you more money - i assume so anyways.

spray windex on your car, put the decal on, move it into place and wipe down with your credit card to make sure it's all smoooooooooth, let it dry then peel top sheet off........IS DONE IS GOOD!

BINGO!! DONT do it dry 1 stuff up and its there for good kiss 200$$ goodbuy

i used to work @ olympic trailers and they used a simular method i think with just water spray to put there stickers on... u can get bubbles out with a rubber squigee

spray windex on your car, put the decal on, move it into place and wipe down with your credit card to make sure it's all smoooooooooth, let it dry then peel top sheet off........IS DONE IS GOOD!

cheers for the advice, gonna give it a go tonight with a mate, ill let you know how it goes :)

where did you get them from thirty four?

got them off ebay from a guy based in hong kong

at work we ususaly use detergent mixed with water in a spray bottle on the area first, then position the decal into place, flattening out any air bubbles ect. deluxe's windex trick should work similar.