SAU Community

Adjustable Castor Bushes

OK I'll try and show off my paint brush skillz

adjustablecaster.JPG

The first pic shows maximum caster, the second is minimum caster.  As you can see moving the mounting point in the bush changes the length of the caster rod.

Yes, I understand all that. And I reckon the max / min is the other way round?!
The bolt and tube have splines that lock the together, you may even need some gentle bashing since the bolt is so tight in the tube.

Once its in the bold and tube are locked together.  Turning the bolt turns the tube in the tube in the bush.

You use a lock nut over the normal but to keep the caster in the set location.

No it doesn't. The hole is a clear hole, with no threads or anything. The bolt simply passes through and out the other side, and a nut screws on to lock it all tight.

Maybe, as with the camber kit, Whiteline has redesigned the method of adjustment of the castor bushes. But there is no way mine works the way you have described, Duncan. The kit I have is simply 2 urethane bushes and 2 steel rods with off-centre bolt-holes through them. There is no castor bush bolt.

• 2 weeks later...
Anyone know which way it is?

Gotta install these today and I just want to set them to max before I take it in for an alignment next week.

The objective is to pull the wheel forward for more positive caster. So the eccentric should be set for (effectively) shortening the radius rod.

:rofl: cheers :rofl:

It's their KCA332 kit. It consists of 2 urethane bushes and 2 steel crush tubes, with an eccentric (off-centre) bolt-hole through the tube.

If you go into their webstore and search for the kit, there is a (small) picture of the components.

(A search for KCA331 will show an assembled kit)