SAU Community

Followup: I Got My 1st Car :)

D3RV

Hey guys, its been a while, but 2-3 months ago I asked for your advice whether to buy a cheap car or expensive, (most advised cheap), and then which is the best of the cheap cars. I can say, today I got my 1st car.

The car is... well not that cheap, not that expensive. A 1993 Toyota Celica WRC edition. Which is essentially a 93' Celica with stock "bucket seats", and I'm not sure what else comes with it :)

I bought it with 111k km's on the clock, and it belonged to a middle aged woman. It shows, the car is in absolutely pristine condition. In and out.

Here's afew pics from the outside, I apologise for the camera work, it's my phone.

And btw, for all of you interested on price, I payed 8k.

Now that I've got a car, anyone got any tips on keeping it the way it is?

post-9646-1135316956.jpg

post-9646-1135317001.jpg

post-9646-1135317078.jpg

Dammit, you should have put in a bit more and got a GT4!

Oh well, as long as you're happy.

Haha, I would have, but insurance would be through the roof.. turbo + 17 yr old = 2k a year...

This is the car is going to be the car I learn how to drive well in, and maybe 6 months - a year down the track I'll get my beast..

tips on keeping it looking good?...buy some good polish like meguirs paint cleaner, meguirs wet look deep crystal polymer sealant polish and a micro fibre polishing mit

wash the car then chamois dry.

polish the whole car with paint cleaner then,

polish the car again with the 'wet look' polish

the bitch will sparkle!! :D

Congrats!!! first car is always exciting!! Looks like a nice car and I love the colour!

oh, and well done for being sensible :D

insure it under your name too...will save you a bit when you upgrade to a Skyline or whatever if you have a bit of NCB under your belt..

yea well done on the firsty!!

dont worry about the power, your 17, just dump it on some nice wheels, put in a decent thumping system to piss the locals off, and then jock the bitches!

im sure one of your mates will have high powerd car... so you can get ur jollies off, its a lot cheaper that way!!

I hate my car sometimes... no insurance, nearly no licence, no petrol, no money to blody do anything let alone get my car fixed. constantly paranoid with the police. It's nearly not worth the effort. sigh

good luck with the car!

8k for a 93 model celica? shit, you can buy an r32 gtst for that price.

a peice of shit r32 gtst. I wouldnt pay 8k for a r32 and expect it not to need alot of work to get it looking/running nice

then again prices would vary from state to state and might get lucky with importing yourselfg.. but still..

its not as funny as it sounds. looking at j-specs list on a daily basis i see series 2 R33 GTS-T's landed and complied for $13-$15k and they dont LOOK fked....surely they arent in mad condition, but still, thats a 96/97 model