SAU Community

Undercar Neons: Legal Or Not Qld

R32 GT-R

The rule in the ACT is they're allowed to be used while parked as long as you have a switch that will only let them work when the engine is off. If you can turn the neons on while the engine is on, its illegal.

Too much farking around for my liking. Besides, the cops would prolly still give you a defect and send you to get a full rego inspection done.. not worth it.

its fine in qld, except u cant have red, blue or yellow. and they cannot pulse, or change colours....

but, the cops will try telling u that they ""dazzle"" other drivers, in your defence, they do sell dazzling neons, which flicker. they doint flicker, bye bye cop

i just finished school, and i swear i probably leant more relevant to lif information in the last 12 minutes then i did in the last 12 yrs :P

im looking at installing those UV blacklights.. u know the purpley colour that makes white things glow? how do you think they would go in a car with a white interior..

(project r32, wont start till june :( )

The reason i ask this is because I got done for having neons fitted underneath my car, they were not on. But apparently it does not matter whether u turn them on or not it is illegal just to have them fitted. I've been told that it is a load of crap and some agree with the copppa. I was wondering if anoyone else actually knows for sure that they are illegal to be fitted?

I emailed RTA technicial division in NSW regarding Neon lights. They official replied that lights are legal and can be fitted to car usually for show purposes. They cannot be used in a public place ( on the road).

I also spoke to them over the phone. I jockingly said "How about Maca's "or a similiar off road venue. They couldn't see any problem.

The main thing is that in NSW they can't fail you on rego checks if fitted.

The RTA bloke suggested I keep copy of email if a dispute arises when rego check at local authorised workshop.

i was told be a cop, that in QLD itz illegal for them 2 be on while ur driving cuz itz distracting to other drivers or sum bs, but u can have them on while ur not movin or sumfin...it was confusing the way he said it. at the shops here they have signs saying for show only or sumfin like that