SAU Community

My Car Vs C55 Amg 2005 Model

IvAn`

My boss from work has challenged my "JAPANESE CRAP" to a race. Loser pays for dinner for 8people at a restraunt of our choice (so it will probly end up being a $2000 - $3000 race)

Just want to know wot are my chances? I have an R33 GTR with slight mods -

- Blitz full exhaust system

- Blitz boost controller

- Blitz Air intake a filter system

For now thats all ive put on.. havent had a dyno so i dont know the exact horsepower. could ne1 give me an idea of my horsepower, ill b running about 15 or 16 pound.

Wot are my chances?

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A C55 does the 0-400 in around 13.5 seconds.

Being an auto car the 0-400 times won't change much due to driver skill so you just have to make sure that your R33 GTR beats this 13.5 time (which it should do easily).

HAHA, IMO you'll win, just whack some Nittos (or similar on) and blast from the "lights" or whereever... AWD grip, can't beat it... Put it this way, dependant on the "race" it will either be very close, or you'll decimate! If you want "factory stats" Check This do the homework, and make a decision... It'll be interesting for sure!

question, where are you racing and what sort of race.

If its a race from 0km/hr you should beat him up to about 250km/hr. Anywhere close to or past that, the big V8 S/C should start reelin u in. If its a rolling start and it being an auto, if u start off in the wrong gear, you are gonna get munched :D

with those mods, if you are a good driver and know how to launch, you should run a 13 flat or quicker @ 106-109mph, as a minimum - thats if you had a power FC.

If you dont, you should run a 13 flat as standard at probably 105mph

You have not listed a power FC there, so your power will definitely be down. the stock ecu runs it very rich, and as a result your power level will drop. I dont know if the stock ecu will like you running 1 bar of boost ?

All I can say, is that only race him from a standing start and you should be fine, DONOT race him rolling, ie from about 60ish, and you'll find out, what the Merc. engineers are good at, "Fast straight line tuners"

and the Merc, gets faster as speed rises. It's the natural evolution of new car engineering and aero.

Thats like saying a SL65 is only a lowly merc Tommy :D

I know of a couple of modified E55s going around that'd give most GTR owners a scare!!

Like Brett said you will need to be careful - its almost impossible not to drive an automatic merc fast :D

well not really. An SL class merc in the base form is still some decent pocket money.

But yeh i know what you guys mean ! :D

Like everyone else has said, stuff up the launch, and you will pay. If you want, I can drive it and get you 1.6 sec 60 foot launches :D