SAU Community

rb20t vs rb25t power output

sn00p

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Im assuming you want this for a 180?

Think maybe we loosing sight of what the Q is RB20det cut for $1500 Vs RB25det cut $3000

basically RB20det and $1500 mod money (maybe a high flowed T3 in that)

Vs

Stock RB25det

Either way make sure you get the coresponding engine crossmember and brakes.......

Guest Works Auto

REV210 i woudnt mind having a drag against you at motorplex and kicking your ass...

STOCK TURBO VS STOCK TURBO

:shake: :shake: :shake:

13.3 @ 108MPH

works auto,

you have already kicked my ass, 13.3 vs 13.4 says so. I don't think it would be fair next time cause I've got the s-afc in since last time and you still have a std ecu? or is it re-mapped?

Anyway if you can get it into 12's it should be a good race cause thats where I will be next time down there.

Mr Mayhem,

Sorry mate, I did miss quote there. I agree about the 3L totally.

Ballistic,

Thanks for pointing that out it was very funny. Do you also find faults in movies? you should start a thread on it...No! a whole forum! Wait a minute....your an english teacher aren't you! You'll never make me read the Mayor of Casterbridge, I'll fight you till the last!

get an RB31det... well there's an RB31DETT so I'm guessin you caould get an RB31DET.. and yes its thirty one not thirty... my cuz jus imported one by accident to Sri Lanka (the RB31DETT came in a GTS4 of all things)... he said he'll send me pics when the car arrives.

hey guys

what kinda estimated power would my car be putting out?

specs are as follows:

HR31 GT Passage (1440kg)

R32 Silver Top RB20det

3" from turbo back exhuast

high flowed R32 RB20det turbo

EMS Dual Sport I 604

Boost cut of 105kpa which about = 14.7psi

stock R32 cooler.. temps sit around 39-41deg

any ideas ??

Thanks

Dave

• 4 months later...

I think what sydneykid was originally saying, is that if you had an RB20 and an RB25 both with RB25 turbo's they would both have similar max power output. The 20's turbo really hurts its performance, but one advantage with a 25 is that you can run bigger turbo which also equals more power.

sumfatchin... The RB20DET uses a small arse turbo.

Slap a R33 Turbo on the RB20DET and at the same boost pressure you are looking at around 15rwkw more.

So 15rwkw more on 221.4hp is around 241hp at the rears.

The RB25DET also has the advantage of running a higher static compression ratio compared to the RB20DET which equals a little bit more power BUT you are unable to run as much boost so really it evens its self out with a RB20DET running 2 psi more on the same turbo compared to a RB25DET running 2 psi less on the same turbo.